How much space does Win 7 beta require..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Hey guys,

I m repartitioning my hard-drive n was wondering how much space is required to install the beta version of windows 7..

Reply soon..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I left a 20Gb partition for it. I think it takes around 7-8Gb initially.

Note: If you are going to use safari 4's preview and top sites features, you need a big HDD. use if for a month and it's cache size will be bigger than win7 installation size :)

cybercool10

Tech Addict
how much space is required to install the beta version of windows 7..

The Core files takes no more than 9GB at most and extra space is needed for the "pagefile" and "Hiberfil" [Hibernation data] , So 9GB x 2*[Your RAM Size]

toofan

Technomancer
Thats too much:x.

How can they do so. Means it will take more time to installation also:x. But surely will be fast:smile:.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
In Virtual BOX it took me 5.76 GB (6,188,720,640 bytes exact), and I've installed nothing else...Its for the latest 7068 version that has just leaked...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I've heard that a frsh installation is within 6 GB & installation time for a fresh installation is around 40 minutes, an upgrade takes a hell lot of a time.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
A fresh installation took me 40-45 mins approx. I never do upgrades, only clean installs.

tested: 7000, 7022, 7068

amol48

Searching...
I am using a Windows 7 -7057 build and it's taking about 10GB INCLUDING the pagefile and hibernate file!

The installation took less than 25 minutes which is pretty fast for a fresh install. Don't know about upgrades however!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
My installation is slower, because the entire installation freezes up suddenly, but continues later. This is not only a problem wih 7, but also with XP and Vista. I guess its just my hard disk...

Ashish, most people have been experiencing little or no driver problems, but the application compatibility is another issue... Performance is much better than Vista, I can guarantee that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom