How much effort involved in downgrading Android Tablet to unsupported vesion ?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I am sure its possible, but how much effort is involved in the process of installing say 2.3 android version on a tablet that came default 4.1 ? If so how ? I can't find any ROM's for it . Cyanogen also seems not to support my device.

Device: ASUS memopad me172v

Reason: It runs like ****. Whereas my lower specked phone runs wayyyy faster. I guess it could be because the phone is running 2.3

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Root it, hibernate all user apps using greenify and remove non-required apps from startup. This'll free system resources being used by the apps in the background. And if you want to have dev support in the future, buy devices with good SoCs.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Had rooted it earlier, even installed a custom ROM from xda. I'll try your suggestions thanks.

So I guess there is no way to get 2.3 on this ? I mean I am a noob in the android world, so is there not any way to install android OS like we install custom OS(linux/bsd/windows) on PC ?

josin

In the zone

First and for-most you need to make a kernel appropriate for gingerbread. For that you need to get the correct drivers of VIA WM8950 and libs for your device which is not there. So you will have to make it yourself. But in your case you lack the necessary knowledge to do so. ( sorry for being rude, but this is the bitter truth).So sell it off, buy something which has ample custom rom support from XDA.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Because nobody made GB ROM for the tablet.
I got that, but why is a separate ROM needed for every device in the first place ? I come from a PC world, and as most of you know a windows / linux distro is installable on with 1000's of different hardware configurations.. Me is just trying to understand the android world.

kernel appropriate for gingerbread.
err isn't a kernel the core part of the OS ?

josin

In the zone
Android is not exactly same as Linux distribution. Every device have different kernel with specific drivers and libs. Only some part is universal in nature.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I got that, but why is a separate ROM needed for every device in the first place ? I come from a PC world, and as most of you know a windows / linux distro is installable on with 1000's of different hardware configurations.. Me is just trying to understand the android world.

err isn't a kernel the core part of the OS ?

Installation is one things, making them work is another.
You don't see Windows or linux automatically detecting some GPU drivers. Then come various other sensors and radios which needs drivers from OEMs. Since you can't flash them normally they have to be compiled along with the rom.

Top Bottom