How much do blank DVD-R/RW 'REALLY' cost??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Sajeev

Broken In
nil_3 said:
@ Sajeev
Moserbaer "third class"! I doubt. Not a single disc of mine showed error.

nither did mine , I did not say any thing ,I was only summarizing what is said in that PDF file I found here on THIS SITE
*www.digitalfaq.com:80/media/dvdmedia.htm

they have lot of other criteria that they judged this from.
I posted the link from where I downloaded it ,above.Read it some might find it interisting

janitha

Wise Old Owl
When I bought my Sony DRU 810A few days back, I was apphrehensive since it was heard that it was choosy about the media. So I wanted to try some cheap media to make sure and experiment and bought 10 nos. of "National" blank DVD @ Rs.16/ each. And it is being wrote and read without any problem. The only concern is how long the written disks will last.

And of course branded media like Sony were available at the same shop for Rs.50 upwards.

And some of my friends have been buying disks for Rs.12/- and they are not having problems.

And finally the good old Floppy Disk still costs > Rs.15/-

V.Prem Kumar.

legolas

Padawan
the disks in the range 12-16 arent bad unless u r toooo frequent in using them. i remember my scorpio dvd returned a read error after using for abt 4-5 times!! better write it as backup and use them once in a long go!

:d reg. the floppy disks, it really is c*ap!! isnt it? with a small vibration... its not going to read and too much of an installment for the saftety the device assures! sickening device or invention :d

/legolas

nil_3

In the zone
@ Sajeev
Interested. Please give the link yaar?

Please do some discussion on DVD9. Whether nobody have any information about its availability?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
legolas said:
the disks in the range 12-16 arent bad unless u r toooo frequent in using them. i remember my scorpio dvd returned a read error after using for abt 4-5 times!! better write it as backup and use them once in a long go!

:d reg. the floppy disks, it really is c*ap!! isnt it? with a small vibration... its not going to read and too much of an installment for the saftety the device assures! sickening device or invention :d

/legolas

Yes, I think it is correct.
Reg Floppy, I had removed the drive 2 years back. In my office (Govt), it is still used to move files from one machine to other. And it almost never works. But earlier, say 1996-97 period, it used to work most of the time.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

sknowonweb

Journeyman
in chennai

We used to buy DVDs for rs 15-20 in richie street and branded is available at 55-60 rs onwards in many areas of chennai

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I have been using Intex DVD-R's for abt 6 months now n I feel they r a good option....but I bought them for Rs. 30 each....that is costly....I heard cheaper versions r available but dunno if they ARE reliable....

OP
S

Sajeev

Broken In
nil_3 said:
@ Sajeev
Interested. Please give the link yaar?

I did give the link in the previous page, but here it is again
*www.digitalfaq.com:80/media/dvdmedia.pdf

About DVD9 I did ask about them at a few places , as of now they cost about RS 400-500!

hiirajiv

Right off the assembly line
writex@rs16

hey guys
i just bought some dvds from wazirpur,new delhi @160 for a packed case of writex (10dvds)(-R) and rs15 for the loose ones i check out the rates in the lajpatrai market its same there also so dears happy burning

meetashwin_16

Broken In
Verify DATA on DVD writing

hi there ,
I also encountered problems with unbranded DVDs i.e. National 14Rs.
& Princo 20 Rs. .If compared Princo better than National. & For Better SONY is always a good option 65 Rs.
I have LITE-ON 1653 DVD-RW.
& I had observed thing that if we Cross Check the Verify data check on DVD
in NERO(req more 6-8 mins.), then if it gives error then ur DVD was not properly written so there r no chances to recover ur DATA back (I got error in case of newly National with no scatches).If u got no errors then take care as possible as u can to save ur data.
I think for Reliability at least for now SONY is trusted one.However no idea about Moser Baer.

:lol:

g_goyal2000

Youngling
MoserBaer

DVD-R (10 piece spindle, 8x) - Rs. 250
DVD-R (10 piece spindle, 16x) - Rs. 200 (strange)
DVD-RW (single, 4x) - Rs. 70

There rates are for Nehru Place, New Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom