How many svchost.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
hey guyz, i have winxp sp2 on amd 64 3200+,1 gb ddr400 ram,asus a8ne ,gforrce 6600 gfx.
whenever i see the processes in task manager, i find that there are many processes by the name svchost.exe,and they are using a lot of my memmory. can it be a spyware?but spybot and adaware do not show anything.what can it be due to?

*img334.imageshack.us/img334/5580/svchost2lo.th.jpg

Last edited:

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
No it is not a spyware.

But , Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).

For more details check the following link.

*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314056

parthbarot

In the zone
i also doent dig into OS fundas... but u can dload some 3rd party software like processExplorer from www.sysinternals.com

and it will show u all processes running with the path of that exe file...so u can easily track which is fraud and which is OS svchost

as i have used it and caught many files as spywares which are running under names of OS files..
so try softs like this..
Regards.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Each process is for different use. Like one is for the windows shell, other is for backward running applications and some are for power management.

adorablesrini

Broken In
actually svchost.exe runs multiple copies for different purposes!
it takes different forms by using command line arguments!
it does all kinds of stuff!
run> services.msc and chk out properties of services running N u'l know which services need svchost!
if u dont want any stop them.however this can be risky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom