How do you manage to play FPS game using XBOX360 Controller

amjath

Human Spambot
I own a XBOX 360 controller and played Need for speed Most wanted. When I tried playing COD or battlefield or FEAR it such a pain to use the controller for FPS [First Person Shooter] games.

I always wonder how console players or PC games with controller play such type of games??

Edit: After posting this thread i thought is this thread needed :D

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Played BF3 and COD MW3(Both SP) with Xbox controller
They seemed to have some kind of auto-aim
No idea about MP though
It would be pointless if there were autoaim in MP

doomgiver

Warframe
well, some idiots play with it all the time.

apparently, they have never touched a keyboard or a mouse in their whole life.

so, practice makes perfect?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Played BF3 and COD MW3(Both SP) with Xbox controller
They seemed to have some kind of auto-aim
No idea about MP though
It would be pointless if there were autoaim in MP

autoaim eh will check that

I think i should continue with keyboard and mouse then, i think there ll be no use with my controller except with racing games :(

cyborg47

Technomancer
Practice. Its all about getting used to it. If you ask a layman with no gaming experience at all to play an fps with KB and mouse, he would still have a hard time getting used it. But yeah, controller is kinda difficult with FPS games, but they dont have a choice do they? and they also have this lame auto aim feature :p

©mß

Journeyman
Mostly FPS games are played using keyboard and mouse but those who own xbox get enough practice while playing other games on it that they play FPS games well with controller.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ahem.. what??

Weapons and Unlocks - RCuber - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

There is no auto aim in BF3 PC , and have played all of 680+ hrs using only controller.. I wonder why I end up within top 10 in my team most of the time :rolleyes: .. and also get ACE squad most of the time when playing with TDF platoon ;)

-ve of using a controller (at least in my case)
Lower KD and Accuracy..

And did I tell you that BF3 is my first Multiplayer game I have ever played?

Its not that I don't play with KBD/Mouse at all... my kbd sucks for gaming(ghosting) and I don't want to give up my keyboard :p

fun fact.. : I am in top 5% of kills with L96 sniper riffle in BF3 ;)

Last edited:
OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
^Wow so much to defend the controller. Well then i ll practice with my controller and try playing FPS games :D

Nerevarine

Incarnate
One thing you also must note that a controller will not work with CoD.. All games with GFWL marketing will work with xbox 360 controller

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^Wow so much to defend the controller. Well then i ll practice with my controller and try playing FPS games :D

nope .. I'm just telling the fact that not many can use a controller :p .. time to buy a new set of keyboard and mouse :p

Top Bottom