How do you calculate PCM aggregate?

cyberteen

Broken In
Hi guys,

I know this question is stupid:oops:, but I get varied answers outside:

1) add marks phy, chem and maths divide the sum by 3

2) take maths for 100, and phy, chem for 50, divide by 2 to get Aggregate

Which method do the colleges use for undergrad. Admissions?????

Thanks in advance :-D

Shah

Cyborg Agent
The second one.

(Maths/2) + (Phy/4) + (Chem/4) will give your cut-off marks out of 200.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Thanks shah. btw anybody disagree with him????

No one will disagree with it, buddy. It is the correct method to calculate the cut-off mark in TN. BTW, I have given my class 12 board exams this year. Which class are you studying?

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
I too have finished my 12th cbse board exams and have written srm,vit and jee mains, this year. Btw, i am not asking this for getting into TN colleges like Anna univ. etc, but for the private institutions like bits, vit .....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BITS and VIT have different requirements. Everything is mentioned on their websites, I recommend you to go through them.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I too have finished my 12th cbse board exams and have written srm,vit and jee mains, this year. Btw, i am not asking this for getting into TN colleges like Anna univ. etc, but for the private institutions like bits, vit .....

AFAIK, VIT university don't consider your cut-off marks given that your marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths are above 60%. Don't worry about that.

OP
C

cyberteen

Broken In
BITS and VIT have different requirements. Everything is mentioned on their websites, I recommend you to go through them.

Yup, I know that. VIT requires 60% while bits asks for 75%. So does it mean that I need to get 75 above in all the three subs? Coz, I'm sure of getting above 85 in phy and chem, but not so in maths :( it is the only one out of 5 subs, which I have pretty bad.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Yup, I know that. VIT requires 60% while bits asks for 75%. So does it mean that I need to get 75 above in all the three subs? Coz, I'm sure of getting above 85 in phy and chem, but not so in maths :( it is the only one out of 5 subs, which I have pretty bad.

You have to get 75 marks in all those three subjects, buddy.

Top Bottom