How do I plug in USB Pen drive 2.0 in Apple IPad Air 2

Geekysam

Broken In
I have many pen drives which I want to plug in my IPad Air 2 easily without hassle any suggestions would be helpful.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You will need OTG cable/converter for the iPad
*www.lifewire.com/how-to-connect-usb-devices-to-ipad-1999862

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
Will the USB to lighting cable/charger cable that comes packed with the IPad Air 2 out of the box also work as a pen drive adapter ?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
The simple thing is Lighting Port may not provide enough power to mount the USB drive and show an error message that 'too much current required' type pop up, So you need to power that Adopter / OTG whatever you buy and once you do make sure you have the 'Files' App installed in your iPad, From there on you will see the USB / HDD drive.

A simple USB Type - C port can do the thing easily which is why iPad Air 4 will be released next month comes with that, No more iPad Pro Luxury anymore.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
The simple thing is Lighting Port may not provide enough power to mount the USB drive and show an error message that 'too much current required' type pop up, So you need to power that Adopter / OTG whatever you buy and once you do make sure you have the 'Files' App installed in your iPad, From there on you will see the USB / HDD drive.

A simple USB Type - C port can do the thing easily which is why iPad Air 4 will be released next month comes with that, No more iPad Pro Luxury anymore.

Yes he need to buy lightning to usb hub with external power Then only it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willjoe

Broken In
Attach the USB drive or SD card reader to the charging port on your iPad using a compatible connector or adapter

Regards

Top Bottom