how delete user data and accounts in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainit

Journeyman
Hello Everyone!!!

Guys I am using my system from last one year. The operating system installed on it is XP SP2. Two user are using it with two different accounts.

Now query is that - I want to give my PC to someone else so I want to remove all my users accounts and all data, file (word, excel etc.) any files created by user. On the other hand system should remain as it is(XP should be installed on it). U can say I don't want to format my pc but on the other hand i want to remove all my user created data and user account.

So is there any command of utiliy for this so that i can make my pc as like brand new one.

Thanks

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Delete the folder named after the user account you want to delete in folder C:\Documents and Settings\ to delete your settings and documents in my documents folder(You may need to use another software like unlocker to delete some locked files). Format those partitions which are not containing any system file

Here I am browsing from linux os so I can't tell you the exact procedure.

right click my computer choose manage and navigate to tree local user from there you could able to delete the user accounts

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^But all the details(IE temp files, cookies etc.) of a user are not deleted if you just delete the user account

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
start-->>control panel-->>user accounte-->>select user and delete account

Now, move to here.
C:\Documents and Settings (If your XP is installed in C:\ drive)
There you will find a folder with that username.Delete that folder.Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom