how can save the Bookmark contents whn i am to format my Laptop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
Dear experts,
well, i have got some error in my win xp which i am using in my Laptop. i am to format and reinstall win xp. but i am in a big trouble that,

as i am using the firefox as the browser in the bookmark there my life(ha haa). how can i save the contents from Bookmark and to re upload after installing the Xp again.

please be kind to guide me in this issue, really i am in trouble.

please, and thanking you in advance

mobileman

letmein

Broken In
Simply go to Bookmarks option in the toolbar, Click on Organize Bookmarks and on the top there should be an Import and Backup option. Click on it and chose 'Export HTML'. It should save an HTML file in the directory you specified. Then, just transfer it to a pen drive or email it to yourself. After reformatting, follow the same steps, except this time choose 'Import HTML' from the options.

Alternatively, use an addon call FEBE to backup your profile+bookmarks+settings etc.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Dunno about FF but here in GChrome thr is an option to export bookmarks......Try to find sumthing like tat in Bookmark Manager and Export ur bookmarks and save it. Take a backup of it and format after tat to get the bookmarks as it was choose import 4m the bookmarks manager and thn choose the file tat u saved. Tats all...

Well this is the process for GChrome nt sure about FF but the process shud be like this.......try to figure it out...

or wait for other members(who use FF) to reply to get the detailed and appropriate process....!!

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
Simply go to Bookmarks option in the toolbar, Click on Organize Bookmarks and on the top there should be an Import and Backup option. Click on it and chose 'Export HTML'. It should save an HTML file in the directory you specified. Then, just transfer it to a pen drive or email it to yourself. After reformatting, follow the same steps, except this time choose 'Import HTML' from the options.

Alternatively, use an addon call FEBE to backup your profile+bookmarks+settings etc.

Dear,
a hundreds of thousand thanks.

u are really helpful
keep it up

mobileman

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
In case any Opera user reading this, Opera Link would do the job and that too transparently. Make sure you enable it. :p

rkarthea

Right off the assembly line
Hail Opera!
I use Opera and Opera link is a life saver. All my bookmarks, speeddial links, notes, links etc is saved on Opera's servers and can be synchronised across machines and installations. No hassle.
Check it out at: link.opera.com

And check out this article: *www.pcworld.in/india/news/7209325/Spyware__Security/Opera_is_favourite_browser_for_25_of_hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom