Horror Movies/Series discussion

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I haven't seen the old one so I am interested and also, since they have revealed the identity, then something else might be there which they have not shown in the trailer. I know this a obvious trick but its for working on me :)

BTW any idea when we will get to watch A Quiet Place 2nd part on online streaming sites?
Let's see.

A Quiet place 2 releasing on 12th July on streaming sites so should release same day on amazon Prime India too or maybe a few days after.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
A Quiet Place Part II - 7.5/10
Worth movie to watch after part 1. Excellent horror and tension. Waiting for part 3 now :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Cold Skin 7/10 (Amazon prime)

From IMDB,
A young man arrives at a remote island to take a post of weather observer only to find himself defending the watchtower from deadly creatures which live in the island shores.

This is the theme but does not even say anything about what actually goes in this movie.
Its weird and good. Check out.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Have any of you watched this?

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0096251/

It's in Japanese but man it's a really cutting edge concept.

A businessman accidentally kills The Metal Fetishist, who gets his revenge by slowly turning the man into a grotesque hybrid of flesh and rusty metal.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's a very low budget, avant-garde-ish movie, mostly shot in black and white (a la Eraserhead). But it tells a more clear story rather than something surreal.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It's a very low budget, avant-garde-ish movie, mostly shot in black and white (a la Eraserhead). But it tells a more clear story rather than something surreal.
Hey man it was exactly opposite of what you have descibed above. I didn't understand anything why and what exactly was happening in the movie. I don't think I will watch this kind of movie again.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
One of the best examples of body horror. What didn't you understand?

Besides, you should also watch Tetsuo 2 Body Hammer.

Edit: and Tetsuo The Bullet Man which is actually in English and has a soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hey man it was exactly opposite of what you have descibed above. I didn't understand anything why and what exactly was happening in the movie. I don't think I will watch this kind of movie again.
It depends upon what genre of Horror you like. Horror has subtypes which some people don't like.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, it's technically a cult movie and while not as surreal as Eraserhead, it's still pretty surreal in other ways.

I personally think it's a really good body horror movie with a pretty unique concept.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It depends upon what genre of Horror you like. Horror has subtypes which some people don't like.
I am aware of sub types and also know to some extent what I don't like. For this movie, I didn't read anything about it except what Desmond posted above and went with no expectation.

One of the best examples of body horror. What didn't you understand?

Besides, you should also watch Tetsuo 2 Body Hammer.

Edit: and Tetsuo The Bullet Man which is actually in English and has a soundtrack by Nine Inch Nails.
At first I thought the dude was hallucinating and seeing metal things in people. But I was completely at lost when the 2nd person showed up and started fighting the first person.

Another thing, what was the car accident about? 2nd person lost his legs after getting hit by the car driven by 1st person?
So 2nd person decided to modify their body, unfortunately with a rusted metal, which he later found out. So he blamed the first person for everything and came for revenge and started fusing metal into the body of first guy? Is this the plot?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wikipedia gives a good synopsis of the movie.

Here's my understanding though:

The salaryman kills the guy who put the rod into his leg at the beginning in a car accident and dumps his body in the woods. But he does not really die and starts transforming into some rusted metal creature. He curses the salaryman and his body starts transforming too. The 2nd person is actually the first guy who the salaryman killed who returns to take revenge. But sometime in the end the guy who died absorbs the salaryman's transformed body and they both decide to transform the whole world into scrap metal.

The story is told non-linearly at times which makes it hard to follow. But the whole movie is really a low budget art film and the visuals and hallucinations are all part of the experience.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Recently saw following on Netflix
  1. Midnight Mass- Slightly slow but the dialogues are good and worth paying attention. The conversations are not just the fillers or build up for story also has meanings related to life. I would say a must watch only because of a fresh story in this genre and I would rate it 7.5/10
  2. Dabbe- A Turkish movie based on black magic. Good one time watch. 6/10
Please update here if anything recently came out and worth watching.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Not sure if you have seen or even heard about it but as per wiki "Rue Morgue magazine referred to The Sadness as "The most violent and depraved zombie movie ever made" "
@Desmond @ico @shreeux
Depends what kind of horror you want to watch. As horror has various sub-genres.

Just check for NC-17 Rating if you want to know how typical the Horror movie is. NC-17 is more violent that R-Rated movies

1. Dabbe- A Turkish movie based on black magic. Good one time watch. 6/10
Please update here if anything recently came out and worth watching.
I haven't seen Dabbe but it has 7 parts. I bet you won't be able to watch Pink Flamingos :lol:

Top Bottom