Horror Movies/Series discussion

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I watched few movies recently so I will give my ratings on those movies only from entertainment perspective

Evil Dead Rise: 5.5/10. Its an ok movie with some jump scares.

The taking of Deborah Logan: 6.5/10. Not enough scary but still decent story line so I recommend it.

The Medium: 7/10. This Thai movie has decent amount of horror. One of the good horror from recent times, definitely recommended.

The Host: 4/10. Such a good concept. But they ruined it. Looks like they didn't had enough after certain point. It is just 1 hr watch so if one is utter bored, can watch this.

Attachment: 6/10. Another black magic movie based on Jewish superstitions. Its a decent one time watch for people who like slow burn movies with okayish horror elements.

Dabbe the possession: 7/10. Turkish movie on Netflix is another movie I saw long back but I didn't update here I guess. This is another good movie based on black magic, which keeps on building up the story upto the climax which will not disappoint.

Suspiria 7/10 I watched this one long back. It is a remake of 1977 movie which rated higher on IMDB. I have not seen the old one, but this one is definitely recommended. This one is slow but has elements to keep you on the edge till the end.

Now all these movies are not so scary like Hereditary so I recommend watching all these in dark and if possible, alone.
Please recommend some new(last 4 years) horror movies as I am looking for some good ones.

Also, question to everyone here,
1. Are we allowed to put personal ratings here? Last few recommendations are not with ratings. I just followed the Movie thread rule here so provided my own ratings.

2. After knowing the ratings, do you still feel interested to watch the movie? Like I gave 4/10, will you watch it or just skip. I tend to skip horror movies which are rated below 6.0. So I want to know if people here would like to watch the movie without knowing the ratings like this or ratings just kill all the excitement for low rated movies and over hype good rated movies, which does ruin the entertainment factor a little bit.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Are we allowed to put personal ratings here? Last few recommendations are not with ratings. I just followed the Movie thread rule here so provided my own ratings.
Sure. Go ahead.
fter knowing the ratings, do you still feel interested to watch the movie? Like I gave 4/10, will you watch it or just skip. I tend to skip horror movies which are rated below 6.0. So I want to know if people here would like to watch the movie without knowing the ratings like this or ratings just kill all the excitement for low rated movies and over hype good rated movies, which does ruin the entertainment factor a little bit.
I doubt I will have the time to watch even one of those. But when I do I will consult your list.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
It Follows: 6.5/10. The story line is almost unique, but I deducted 0.5 for lack of horror elements. As the name suggests, there is something which follows the victims/chosen one. The way story is told with light horror and suspense, IMO it is refreshing,

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now all these movies are not so scary like Hereditary so I recommend watching all these in dark and if possible, alone.
I watched Grudge(US version & one of the best horror movie experience till now) by starting around 12 midnight in my hostel room. I also watched The Conjuring in my home starting around 1:00 late night & I was alone in the home that time. Yet to watch anything since then which can match these experiences.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I watched Grudge(US version & one of the best horror movie experience till now) by starting around 12 midnight in my hostel room. I also watched The Conjuring in my home starting around 1:00 late night & I was alone in the home that time. Yet to watch anything since then which can match these experiences.
Try Alien 1979

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I feel like watching horror movie in theaters is waste because we know we are not alone so the scare factor goes down significantly. Now if I am watching movie alone at home at night, lights off, may be with 1 more person, gives better thrill. Almost all the horror movies I have watched, I only enjoyed because I watched them alone at night. I think Midsommar is the only movie I came across which doesn't need night or lone affect to leave lingering scary thoughts.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still rewatch these from time to time. Classics IMO.
That is true. I have watched Alien & Aliens multiple times. In fact Aliens & Terminator 2 are the only two sequels I ever found to be better than their predecessors (excl Dark Knight as that is more like a comic book series instead of a typical sequel).

shreeux

Movie Buff
As Above, So Below - 2014

www.imdb.com/title/tt2870612/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuv1Ey3oIM&ab

Unexpected...Excellent one

shreeux

Movie Buff
Quadrology Sequels

[Rec] - 2007
[Rec]² - 2009
[REC] 3: Genesis - 2012
[REC] 4: Apocalypse - 2014

Must-Try Movies: Go with Strong Mind
First, both sequels will be good...Remaining average...Always complete the tasks

Top Bottom