Honor 9N vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think asus will roll some official update for Camera2 APi. Personally feel 3 / 4 GB ram variant of Asus has better Camera.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Only display in comparison?!!!

After using numerous smartphone since the days of "HTC Hero" and "Samsun Galaxy S" I've come to the conclusion that a large battery and good amount of RAM can solve most of the Android OS's issues.

Asus certainly wins here hands down (I've bought two of them already!)
5000 mAh battery was the decisive factor for me.

Added bonus is that the mobile hardly heats up even after prolonged use or gaming.

Then look at the price too, still cheaper than Honor 9N

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/_kGlVGuk7rJwEH3-FPm_6F13Bk7g9GHPXxJNtialo83NCacwrjgmnC_Kfx9GTnXmTdW0cNMMTGMZoCSTfplXcDrZngFYD-r3MVQe4w1rqp0vLnSI3kZ3445hpMnWWFzgRf2Euzdt​

In terms of optics, the Honor 9N as well as the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 feature a dual-rear camera setup, along with a single front camera. However, the configuration of the two are quite different.

The Honor 9N features a 13MP + 2MP camera with the secondary camera used for depth sensing.

The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 version sold in India offers a similar 13MP + 5MP setup, with the 5MP camera used for sensing depth

Thanks to their secondary rear cameras, both phones are capable of offering hardware level bokeh images.

When it comes to the front camera, the Honor 9N features a 16MP unit, while the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 sports an 8MP sensor. Both phones also offer bokeh selfies.

However, while both phones offer artificial lighting for selfies in low light conditions, the way they both offer the feature is different.

While the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features a soft LED flash at the front, the Honor 9N uses the screen as the flash.

So, what do you guys think of the camera setups on the two phones? Do you guys like taking selfies? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

So, what do you guys think of the camera setups on the two phones? Do you guys like taking selfies? Let your thoughts be known below.

When I used Zenfone in June, its front cam had bad colors which I think were fixed in an update. There's a good chance 9N has a better selfie cam though. Rear cameras might be identical without much difference. Still, factors other than cam make Asus a better choice.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Looks and Processor wise Honor, for everything else the Zenfone.
@SaiyanGoku
I tried enabling Google Camera for the unrooted Zenfone via ADB few weeks back but it din't work. Any video tutorial or something?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Looks and Processor wise Honor, for everything else the Zenfone.
@SaiyanGoku
I tried enabling Google Camera for the unrooted Zenfone via ADB few weeks back but it din't work. Any video tutorial or something?
SD636 is better than Kirin 659. :lol:

Check these threads for gcam:
*www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-google-camera/

How to Install Google Camera on Max Pro M1 Without Root ( enable cam2api )

billubakra

Conversation Architect
SD636 is better than Kirin 659. :lol:

Check these threads for gcam:
*www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-google-camera/

How to Install Google Camera on Max Pro M1 Without Root ( enable cam2api )

Same methods which I used but it is not working :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same methods which I used but it is not working :(

Working fine. Installed 15 Sec ADB Installer v 1.4.3. Tried using cabinet's front ports which was throwing up device not connected / recognized error every time in fastboot. Plugged the phone into motherboard's USB port and Voila ! it worked ... so if you are getting error messages use motherboard's USB port. BTW, I'm using the 3Gb variant manufactured on July.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Working fine. Installed 15 Sec ADB Installer v 1.4.3. Tried using cabinet's front ports which was throwing up device not connected / recognized error every time in fastboot. Plugged the phone into motherboard's USB port and Voila ! it worked ... so if you are getting error messages use motherboard's USB port. BTW, I'm using the 3Gb variant manufactured on July.
I have the same variant. Still getting this, tried in a laptop.
One more thing as soon as I press enter and that error pops the screen becomes black and on the the top it is written to press any key to shutdown.

@SaiyanGoku @topgear

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

@riya123

Broken In
In terms of design, Honor 9N stands out without a doubt. The smartphone features the trending notch cutout on its display with a thin bottom bezel. Accompanying it is a 2.5D glass design in two colour options of silver and blue

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/JJpQem5QlicNAZLEQ1t6nQaT8bpoM_snAXbnwpPmoDgj6HSQsUdkwyFXbICoFI_ExBMXP7qhbWr_Il5OBIANcnjMfyqT-m5NrgatEokJ7GceiwzJ-YtMrYcMeBThDN0eEwzPokom​

When it comes to build and designed, the Honor 9N and the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 couldn’t be any more different.

For the Zenfone Max Pro M1, Asus has opted for a metal unibody design. The Honor 9N however, sports glass rear panel with 12-layer mirrored finish.

However, the placement of the fingerprint sensor is the same on both smartphones as both features a centrally placed sensor on the rear panel.

Further, while both devices feature a dual-rear panel, the setup of the two sensors is different. While the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features vertically stacked sensors, the cameras on the Honor 9N are placed side-by-side.

On the front we see another big difference in the design of the two smartphones. The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features an 18:9 display aspect ratio. The Honor 9N sports a 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch located on top of the display. This notch helps the phone offer a slightly higher screen to body ratio as compared to the Zenfone Max Pro M1.

So, do you prefer a metallic build or a glass one? Do you use a phone with a glass back? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/JJpQem5QlicNAZLEQ1t6nQaT8bpoM_snAXbnwpPmoDgj6HSQsUdkwyFXbICoFI_ExBMXP7qhbWr_Il5OBIANcnjMfyqT-m5NrgatEokJ7GceiwzJ-YtMrYcMeBThDN0eEwzPokom​

When it comes to build and designed, the Honor 9N and the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 couldn’t be any more different.

For the Zenfone Max Pro M1, Asus has opted for a metal unibody design. The Honor 9N however, sports glass rear panel with 12-layer mirrored finish.

However, the placement of the fingerprint sensor is the same on both smartphones as both features a centrally placed sensor on the rear panel.

Further, while both devices feature a dual-rear panel, the setup of the two sensors is different. While the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features vertically stacked sensors, the cameras on the Honor 9N are placed side-by-side.

On the front we see another big difference in the design of the two smartphones. The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features an 18:9 display aspect ratio. The Honor 9N sports a 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch located on top of the display. This notch helps the phone offer a slightly higher screen to body ratio as compared to the Zenfone Max Pro M1.

So, do you prefer a metallic build or a glass one? Do you use a phone with a glass back? Sound off below.

Looks and build wise both are good. But please take tdf's suggestion and get rid of that notch and os.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Camera2 API can be enabled on Zenfone Max Pro M1, both with and without rooting. G cam works on it. I don't need to go on and on about how 9N can't catch up. *Drops mic*

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That slightly higher STB ratio is of no use. UI gets cropped weirdly and phone ends up looking ugly.

Metal over glass any day. I don't want wireless charging, which flagships have but mid-range phones don't. Glass is glass & glass breaks. Something like a polycarbonate material of Lumia 920, etc would be a good choice as well.

Top Bottom