Honor 8X discussion thread and Bluetooth speaker giveaway

Honor

Broken In
Official Verified Account
It isn't 91% but about 84.4%, please don't post false information.
Huawei Honor 8X - Full phone specifications
Thanks for your information, SaiyanGoku.
The Honor 8X and Honor 8X Max are available in China exclusively by now, a global launch of the phone will be next month. As such, there would be discrepancies between official information and information online. We would request you to wait for the global launch to ascertain the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi anupam, glad to hear your story with Honor 4X hear! Due to the 91% body-to-screen ratio, Honor 8X is easier to handle like a 5.5-inch phone, although is equipped with a 6.5-inch Full-View Display. Love your support.
Still, 8X is not for me or any phone of that size. Found even the "old" 16:9 5.5" displays big.

Ramya Ramaswamy

Right off the assembly line
Honor has always been the best in giving Classy & premium smartphones . Camera setup in Honor 8X really impressed me a lot - The super slow mo capture feature,AI Capabilities &16MP selfie camera first budget smartphone from honor with Kirin 710 processor Everything seems to be perfect at an affordable price of ~15K

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/6wE6Eah0uLeiRsUN6FRU6KrOZDpTaVLb6H9v_mV0WEiGCFw0KTvEnGk5a-4IwpW_3iE5rcp8oEXMH_rua5LmWwxa5_sd_JyrZCdo7b8w8ZmoY-42JJgv4uvS2mO99EKjvhdAaQus​

Last year was also a pretty major year for Honor’s X-series of devices. The Honor 7X offred a number of changes over its predecessor, the Honor 6X

The most notable change was the design. The Honor 7X featured the new 18:9 display aspect ratio. This aspect ratio allows the phone to offer a larger 5.93-inch display, while still offering a similar body size.

Speaking of the display, the phone is able to offer a Full HD+ display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.

The phone is powered by the company’s own Kirin 659 octa-core SoC with up to 4GB of RAM.

Like its predecessor, the phone also comes with a dual rear camera. But the Honor 7X offers a 16MP + 2MP setup. At the front is an 8MP unit.

The phone also packs a 3340mAh battery and was launched running Android Nougat v7.0.

So, have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why? Sound off below.

Also, there’s a Bluetooth speaker giveaway happening on this thread. The event will be held from September 6 to September 16. The final winner will be announced on September 17.

All you need to do is respond to this post. The more detailed the response, the higher the chance you have of winning. The number of likes to the responses also factor into the chances of winning.

Of course, we have our own contest still running in the Honor Hub. Post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:
OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Hi guys

A slight update regarding the Speaker Giveaway contest on this thread. The contest will now go on till September 16 as opposed to September 13, and the winners will be announced on September 17.

The previous posts have been updated with the same info.

Good luck!

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/wUKsPccjRfeZhGEqCd-9Y7B_AFFP49KbZYWS_AAW7T4H47SX6Fqb9A0jdyAO9-uBzjPM4312sXhll7RQ1ZpCIusfpUbEtLI4vzsMDwhz0jGL5LA1Jx43gaadMe746HDTBv_GHd66​

As the newest entrant in the X series, the Honor 8X brings a lot of new features to the table, while still sticking to what people have come to expect from the series.

One of the most notable new features of the new Honor 8X smartphone is the display. The phone features a large 6.5-inch display, the largest Honor has equipped the X series smartphone till date, with the exception of the Honor 8X Max, which features an even larger 7.12-inch display.

The display on the Honor 8X offers a 19.5:9 display aspect ratio. The company claims that this allows the phone to offer a body size that is comparable to a traditional 5.5-inch smartphone with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

The Honor 8X also offers a Full HD+ screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.

So, have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why? Sound off below.

Also, there’s a Bluetooth speaker giveaway happening on this thread. The event will be held from September 6 to September 16. The final winner will be announced on September 17.

All you need to do is respond to this post. The more detailed the response, the higher the chance you have of winning. The number of likes to the responses also factor into the chances of winning.

Of course, we have our own contest still running in the Honor Hub. Post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:

Raiz Iqbal

I was checking out for replacement for my Samsung galaxy s6 which is already 3 years by now. The requirement is mid range smart looking phone with good camera and descent battery life. I think honor 8x is well put together phone in all aspects, which is great looking with that xtraordinary design.Eagerly waiting for it . Hope it comes with the right price tag.

Chetan dighole

Well honestly I never bought any honor smartphone because I never trusted on it. But I'm getting good response from my friends who have honor. I will like to have my hands on the honor smartphones in future

Navinxn

Broken In
I searched some articles and information about 8x these days. Honestly, I'm not a north fan, but I don't against the north design bc there is no issue in using and really makes screen bigger.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I searched some articles and information about 8x these days. Honestly, I'm not a north fan, but I don't against the north design bc there is no issue in using and really makes screen bigger.
I assume you mean notch and not north. Samsung makes phones with high STB ratio without using an ugly notch. Also, 19.5:9 might be bigger, but isn't better. 18:9 would've been ok if Honor removed that notch.

Navinxn

Broken In
I assume you mean notch and not north. Samsung makes phones with high STB ratio without using an ugly notch. Also, 19.5:9 might be bigger, but isn't better. 18:9 would've been ok if Honor removed that notch.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for spelling the word wrong, I mean "notch". I think the notch can be hidden by software if you don't like it, they give you the option to hide the notch, not a big deal. To be fair, compared with $umsang, Honor gives good value for money. Honor 8X will give a serious competition to all mid-range phones almost everything looks good on that phone, design looks premium.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Honor 8X will give a serious competition to all mid-range phones almost everything looks good on that phone, design looks premium.
As long as completely locked bootloader exists on Honor phones, giving "serious competition to all mid-range phones" is not a piece of cake.

lakkoji satish

I never bought an Honor phone, but I found Honor phones have a great look, display. But the brand needs a powerful processor for mid-range mobiles like Snapdragon 636 processor, which is the only drawback. In the present market, it completely depends on kirin 659 which is found to be far behind the competitors.

Navinxn

Broken In
As long as completely locked bootloader exists on Honor phones, giving "serious competition to all mid-range phones" is not a piece of cake.
Honor resumes bootlocker unlock
Hi, I've seen a post about Bootloader on Honor phones, it may help you.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Honor resumes bootlocker unlock
Hi, I've seen a post about Bootloader on Honor phones, it may help you.
Yeah, but it won't matter since it isn't open to everyone. Moreover, there is no guarantee that Honor won't brick the phone with an update or honor warranty for it.

Top Bottom