Honor 8X discussion thread and Bluetooth speaker giveaway

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/0nTWUz3EKu5BxPQbOh3TC56dHGEihTMhKc_xfAR-qBEf7Z_aQ8B1nTLx6DUZyhZtF_WMs0tchGIK-DdcSvL85CsBzo_YCQYEXjNdPaxLvl09UHRHoxrXe7mTQ3_YjVXQvMW059Rg​

Honor just announced a new smartphone under its X series in China. This particular series has a pretty long history. The Honor 4X was first introduced in 2014 and every subsequent year since, the company had been launching one.

The last device launched under the X series was the Honor 7X, which was launched in 2017. So it was high time the company launched a new one.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/nW05K5hZ3mS1ZXLES-yTUuEm-Nx1o9xuFywSb_SNT4E63b4Vm_NZZIMDHImRla-zSLFRRoaJHPVUQy1Uaovou2HtNuCpnjkEVDzbGGXt6NGQWq2ngwgr0DowPvU1nSIrCl3iAvLv​

Called the Honor 8X, the smartphone offers quite a lot of features. Let’s take a quick look at what they have to offer.

Kicking things off with the display, the phone features a 6.5-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio ratio.

The device is powered by the octa-core Kirin 710F SoC. It is available with two RAM options. 4GB and 6GB. The phone also offers 64GB and 128GB of storage.

In the camera department, the smartphone sports a dual-rear camera setup with a 20MP + 2MP combination. At the front is a 16MP sensor.

The Honor 8X packs a 3750mAh battery and features a 3.5mm audio jack as well. The phone runs on EMUI 8.2.0 OS, which is based on Android Oreo v8.1.

In China, the Honor 8X will be available at a starting price of Yuan 1,399 (approx Rs 14,700) for the 4GB/64GB model, Yuan 1,599 (approx Rs 16,800 ) for the 6GB/64GB model and Yuan 1,899 (approx Rs 20,000) for the 6GB/128GB variant.

So, have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why?

Before we go any further, there’s a bit of a surprise for you guys. Besides the usual set on contests running on the Honor hub, there’s also a separate contest on this thread.

Honor is giving holding a special Bluetooth speaker giveaway event. The event will be held from September 6 to September 16. The final winner will be announced on September 17.

All you need to do is respond to this post. The more detailed the response, the higher the chance you have of winning. The number of likes to the responses also factor into the chances of winning.

Of course, we have our own contest still running in the Honor Hub. Post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:
So, have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why?
I bought Honor 4X for my mother in 2014, I guess. At that time for 10k it felt like a great phone with its only major con being the 8GB internal, which wasn't an issue for my mother's use. But a year ago, that 8GB was not sufficient even for the limited apps that she used due to the increasing app sizes. But the phone is still working & it still doesn't hang or anything like old phones with unoptimized UIs do (like those of Oppo & Vivo). It surely doesn't run as fast as a modern phone but it is running fine.

So Honor/Huawei has made a good name for themselves in my books but lately I didn't suggest anyone Honor phones because of the competition which offers a better phone at the same price (or lower).

Honor 8X at 15k seems to be a great device, maybe you can surprise people with a lower price tag. I'm not interested in 8X because it's just too big for me, also my current phone is way better :p. But I will recommend it to friends or families if its reviews are good & is priced at 15k. If its priced higher, it won't be a good choice due to Honor Play & Poco F1 at 20k or RN5 Pro & Asus Zenfone 6GB at 15k.

Atul yadav

Right off the assembly line
Hi that's amazing and very precious smart phone in world and in my family every one have honour company smartphone but I not have any smartphone

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/h1K5-Buc6nkAu8OAn00LOZe-tPKuEMk_enPsEedaEzbeHpKr61Z6UdJs94otgqJttcGOeE28nQ_pEyFcX0SkFEy2Bbd5E_TOttzN1MfV3SxxYPJtAtnv746Vgr-ND610V8s_-CMD​

The Honor 4X was the first device in the in the X-series and was unveiled way back in 2014. As one can imagine, what was expected from a device in that price range was way different than today. Even so, the Honor 4X offered pretty impressive specs at the time.

The Honor 4X offered a 5.5-inch display, which was considered quite large back then. It also offered a 720p display, which was pretty impressive.

The phone also had a removable back panel, something which would be phased out as the years progressed.

The phone was powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 and would offer 2GB of RAM. The Honor 4X featured 8GB of storage, which could be expanded to 32GB via a microSD card.

In terms of optics, the phone featured a single 13MP camera at the back, while at the front was a 5MP unit.

The phone packed a 3000mAh battery and offered Android KitKat v4.4 at launch.

So, which phone were you guys using in 2014? Have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why? Sound off below.

Also, there’s a Bluetooth speaker giveaway happening on this thread. The event will be held from September 6 to September 16. The final winner will be announced on September 17.

All you need to do is respond to this post. The more detailed the response, the higher the chance you have of winning. The number of likes to the responses also factor into the chances of winning.

Of course, we have our own contest still running in the Honor Hub. Post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:

Divya sharma

Broken In

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/0nTWUz3EKu5BxPQbOh3TC56dHGEihTMhKc_xfAR-qBEf7Z_aQ8B1nTLx6DUZyhZtF_WMs0tchGIK-DdcSvL85CsBzo_YCQYEXjNdPaxLvl09UHRHoxrXe7mTQ3_YjVXQvMW059Rg​

Honor just announced a new smartphone under its X series in China. This particular series has a pretty long history. The Honor 4X was first introduced in 2014 and every subsequent year since, the company had been launching one.

The last device launched under the X series was the Honor 7X, which was launched in 2017. So it was high time the company launched a new one.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/nW05K5hZ3mS1ZXLES-yTUuEm-Nx1o9xuFywSb_SNT4E63b4Vm_NZZIMDHImRla-zSLFRRoaJHPVUQy1Uaovou2HtNuCpnjkEVDzbGGXt6NGQWq2ngwgr0DowPvU1nSIrCl3iAvLv​

Called the Honor 8X, the smartphone offers quite a lot of features. Let’s take a quick look at what they have to offer.

Kicking things off with the display, the phone features a 6.5-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio ratio.

The device is powered by the octa-core Kirin 710F SoC. It is available with two RAM options. 4GB and 6GB. The phone also offers 64GB and 128GB of storage.

In the camera department, the smartphone sports a dual-rear camera setup with a 20MP + 2MP combination. At the front is a 16MP sensor.

The Honor 8X packs a 3750mAh battery and features a 3.5mm audio jack as well. The phone runs on EMUI 8.2.0 OS, which is based on Android Oreo v8.1.

In China, the Honor 8X will be available at a starting price of Yuan 1,399 (approx Rs 14,700) for the 4GB/64GB model, Yuan 1,599 (approx Rs 16,800 ) for the 6GB/64GB model and Yuan 1,899 (approx Rs 20,000) for the 6GB/128GB variant.

Before we go any further, there’s a bit of a surprise for you guys. Besides the usual set on contests running on the Honor hub, there’s also a separate contest on this thread.

Honor is giving holding a special Bluetooth speaker giveaway event. The event will be held from September 6 to September 13. The final winner will be announced on September 14.

Best part the main camera has a 20MP + 2MP sensor and the selfie camera is 16MP even battery has a 3,650 mAh capacity and the phone comes in Black, Blue, and Red color options.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Honor 8X will give a serious competition to all mid range phones almost everything looks good on that phone design looks premium,Camera i think should be comparable to atleast redmi note 5 pro I think and kirin 710 is very good chip with excellent performance improvements

Navinxn

Broken In
Honor 8X will give a serious competition to all mid range phones almost everything looks good on that phone design looks premium,Camera i think should be comparable to atleast redmi note 5 pro I think and kirin 710 is very good chip with excellent performance improvements
I think so, the phone design looks quite premium with a large screen.
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-3.jpg
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-1.jpg
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-AI-Camera.png

Minion

Conversation Architect
I think so, the phone design looks quite premium with a large screen.
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-3.jpg
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-1.jpg
*pandaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Honor-8X-AI-Camera.png
Yeah,looks pretty good phone size will be similar to one plus 6

Navinxn

Broken In
My cousin is currently on 7X, he had this phone for almost 1 year with a good experience and recommended to us. We all like the full-view display, premium design, battery, camera quality of the devices regarding the affordable mid-range phone. Just fulfill the wishes for a phone around Rs 15000.
I believe Honor 8X would be a great. I would like to see it in the India soon because I want to buy one for my mom’s birthday especially when I knew the price launched in China. Most of my requirements was on Honor 8X is premium speaker and sound.

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/xvodHQ9g333jg95mdyfiquXsr8o-NBMKCX5ipSkS2Ejzar_T5Rds1CytuDhOHtPPE64GolVsWAS7xqULLYZZZDeuKqiyihoK47kFv8dB1MAVQ-6ks7KR15h_bZaxdECfB5BE_Bmq​

Following the Honor 4X, the company decided to up the ante by offering more features in their new Honor 5X smartphone order to keep pace with the market.

Launch in 2015, the Honor 5X was the first in the X series to feature a fingerprint scanner. A feature that would become a mainstay in future phones.

It also features a metal body design, something that it would offer for many years to come.

In terms of the display, the phone offered a reasonably large 5.5-inch Full HD screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The 18:9 aspect ratio was still a few years away.

Powering the phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC and offered up to 3GB RAM and 16GB storage.

In terms of optics, the phone offered a 13MP camera at the back, with a 5MP unit in the front.

The Honor 5X also packed a 3000mAh battery and ran on Android Lollipop.

So, which phone were you guys using in 2015? Have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why? Sound off below.

Also, there’s a Bluetooth speaker giveaway happening on this thread. The event will be held from September 6 to September 16. The final winner will be announced on September 17.

Last edited:

@riya123

Broken In
The Honor 8X is a seriously stylish-looking smartphone, despite its adoption of a notch in the display. It’s made from 2.5D textured aurora glass, which is layered to catch the light, like on the honor 10

@riya123

Broken In
It’s backed up by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, though there may also be a 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage version. We expect to see some interesting A.I. features on board, and there’s mention of an improved Eye Comfort mode to filter out blue light, as well as special display modes for night reading and sunlight legibility. It will likely run Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI over the top.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have never used any Honor X series phone. I had bad experience with EMUI on Honor Bee and Holly 2 Plus.

I'm not interested in buying Honor 8x as it doesn't matches what I look for in a mid ranger i.e. custom rom and gcam support (with stock rom on oreo or pie), at least 4k mAh battery (I'm using RN3), QC 3.0 or Dash charging running on SD 636 or higher level SoC. And I forgot, NO NOTCH!! Honor went too far to accommodate a notch by using a weird 19.5:9 aspect ratio on 8x despite all the rant and hate for notch. BTW, 8x should've come with stock android Pie or Oreo instead of EMUI.

Because of bad decisions by Huawei to stop bootloader unlocking and even bricking rooted phones, I find it impossible to recommend any Huawei/Honor phone to anyone. Yes, I know not everyone roots their phones but it makes no sense in not allowing anyone to do it.

So, which phone were you guys using in 2014?
I had LG E970 and Samsung Galaxy Y. E970 was a steal deal back then. Hated its glass back though, it was too slippery. Galaxy Y was an ok phone, nothing too fancy but had some custom rom support (I had CM11 based android 4.4.2 rom IIRC).

So, which phone were you guys using in 2015?
Both E970 and Galaxy Y were going strong. Came early 2016 and I exchanged Galaxy Y for an Honor Bee. It wasn't a bad phone but it couldn't fulfill all my requirements. I never intended to use EMUI but because it had no custom roms, I had to.

I'm going to say this again, give users control over their phones. Let everyone unlock bootloaders and flash custom roms. You are not Huawei. You should adapt Android One for all phones. You are number 2 because of customers. Listen to them like Xiaomi did and launched Poco F1. If you want to be number 1, you have to start behaving like number 1 (but not like Samsung or Apple).

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/CJ0_RBkLqnad9NjGli5kQF5ihyJ49PcrNd9pfGb9Zv7NOmn-g-JqDHksFtTNl1_XFWC1wzk00uo9TzutoFn3-QsW0cWvGful3ywJAmPbdldLX_URxuFPGr_uqYn30yYbZrVsUCHg​

2016 may have been annus horribilis for many reasons, but for Honor it was a pretty important year. It saw the launch of the Honor 6X, which brought many notable firsts for the X series.

Kicking things off was the dual camera setup. The Honor 6X was the first in the series to offer such a feature. At the back of the phone was a 12MP + 2MP setup, while at the front was a single 8MP unit.

Another new features was the fact that the Honor 6X was the first smartphone in the series to be powered by the company’s own Kirin SoC. The device was powered by an octa-core Kirin 655 SoC, which offered a maximum clockspeed of 2.1GHz.

Honor stuck with a 5.5-inch FHD display, which it used on its predecessor as well. The Honor 6X also came running on Android Marshmallow v6.0.

So, which phone were you guys using in 2016? Have you had an experience of using an Honor X series smartphone? How was it? Are you interested in buying the Honor 8X if to comes to India and why? Sound off below.

Last edited:

Honor

Broken In
Official Verified Account
I bought Honor 4X for my mother in 2014, I guess. At that time for 10k it felt like a great phone with its only major con being the 8GB internal, which wasn't an issue for my mother's use. But a year ago, that 8GB was not sufficient even for the limited apps that she used due to the increasing app sizes. But the phone is still working & it still doesn't hang or anything like old phones with unoptimized UIs do (like those of Oppo & Vivo). It surely doesn't run as fast as a modern phone but it is running fine.

So Honor/Huawei has made a good name for themselves in my books but lately I didn't suggest anyone Honor phones because of the competition which offers a better phone at the same price (or lower).

Honor 8X at 15k seems to be a great device, maybe you can surprise people with a lower price tag. I'm not interested in 8X because it's just too big for me, also my current phone is way better :p. But I will recommend it to friends or families if its reviews are good & is priced at 15k. If its priced higher, it won't be a good choice due to Honor Play & Poco F1 at 20k or RN5 Pro & Asus Zenfone 6GB at 15k.

Hi anupam, glad to hear your story with Honor 4X hear! Due to the 91% body-to-screen ratio, Honor 8X is easier to handle like a 5.5-inch phone, although is equipped with a 6.5-inch Full-View Display. Love your support.

Honor

Broken In
Hi that's amazing and very precious smart phone in world and in my family every one have honour company smartphone but I not have any smartphone
Hey Atul, glad to have your family as the Honor fans. 8X is coming, looks like it's the time to have your first phone.

Honor

Broken In
Best part the main camera has a 20MP + 2MP sensor and the selfie camera is 16MP even battery has a 3,650 mAh capacity and the phone comes in Black, Blue, and Red color options.
Hi riya, thanks for sharing, hmm, the Honor 8X comes with a 3750 mAh battery actually :)

Honor

Broken In
My cousin is currently on 7X, he had this phone for almost 1 year with a good experience and recommended to us. We all like the full-view display, premium design, battery, camera quality of the devices regarding the affordable mid-range phone. Just fulfill the wishes for a phone around Rs 15000.
I believe Honor 8X would be a great. I would like to see it in the India soon because I want to buy one for my mom’s birthday especially when I knew the price launched in China. Most of my requirements was on Honor 8X is premium speaker and sound.
Love your family's support, Navinxn. Hope your mother will enjoy it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Due to the 91% body-to-screen ratio, Honor 8X is easier to handle like a 5.5-inch phone, although is equipped with a 6.5-inch Full-View Display.
It isn't 91% but about 84.4%, please don't post false information.
Huawei Honor 8X - Full phone specifications

Top Bottom