Honey I bricked my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbar1

Journeyman
Hello everyone. I have (had?) a Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 running stock Gingerbread (2.3.6). It's not even rooted.

A few hours ago, I was playing Angry Birds. Battery level was around 80%. Then I switched to another game (SliceIt, to be precise). At this point, I noticed that the backside was unusually warm. I checked battery temperature via Elixir 2 - 45C. Usually it would be around 37C. I thought it was probably due to the game. And the day was hot too. But after a few minutes, the game just hung. Home button, lock button - all unresponsive. Then I pulled out the battery and reinserted it, but now it won't even turn on. I've tried charging it again, but no luck. Please help!

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Remove battery, SIM and memory card
Start ODIN. Select all your files required for flashing a firmware (ops file, boot file, pda file, etc)
Now for 15 seconds keep pressing Power + Home + volume key. Connect Phone to PC/ODIN. Insert Battery. Your phone will go in downloading mode. Later you can flash firmware and get it back live.

This should work.

OP
kbar1

kbar1

Journeyman
^^ no that didn't work. Anyway Thanks all for the help. Was a board problem. All fixed now... Case closed.

OP
kbar1

kbar1

Journeyman
btw thats not a case of phone bricking

It wouldn't turn on no matter what I did: charged phone, swapped batteries, pressed all the buttons (tried all combos I think :-D). In other words: hardware failure. Isn't that enough to be called bricked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom