Status
Not open for further replies.

debrajrakshit

Broken In
Hi,
I have two ( P IV 845 GV, 2.4 GHz) computers at my home and as operating system Windows XP Proffesional installed in both. I want to create a network in both machines so I can access them from one to another. I also want to access internet in both machines while I have installed BSNL broadband in one machine.

Please tell me the full details of creating a home network.

Please anyone help me[/b]

mkpaul

Broken In
Hardware portion:

At first install a Network Interface Card (LAN Card) and its driver in each machine. Attach those

computer with a Cross Cable.

Software portion:

In the desktop right click 'My Network Places' and select properties. Now go to the properties of

'Local Area onnection'. On the 'Local Area Connection Propeties' dialog box scroll down

connection items to 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' and select it. Click on Properties. Select 'Use

the following IP address'. Now put IP address 192.168.0.x (x is any number between 1 and 254)

and Subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Be sure the IP address of those machines are not same. Now

click on OK.

Open 'My Computer' and Share resources to receive them in network.

Your Network is ready now. To check connectivity open command prompt and give command

ping 192.168.0.x (here x is the other machine number)

if result shows 'Request timed out' then check your hardwares.
if result shows 'Destination host unreachable' then check your IP Address and Subnet mask.

expertno.1

Technomancer
ur answer

* Member warned once for not posting sources when copy pasting *

The source for this reply is:
*www.futureshop.ca/learnmore/AskThe...2computers.asp?logon=&langid=EN&test_cookie=1

---- Raaabo

mkpaul

this is a it good for the novice

and for ur problem

Connecting two computers together can be accomplished in many ways. The use of hubs and switches is one of the more popular methods.

You can also connect two computers using an Ethernet cable. There are two types of Ethernet cables that you need to be aware of. Standard (also called straight) cables are used in conjunction with switches and hubs. If you simply want to connect two computers without the use of any other network equipment, you would then use a crossover cable. A crossover cable looks exactly like a standard Ethernet cable. The main difference between the two is that the crossover cable crosses its wires, enabling the two computers to communicate directly with each other.

Some other less popular methods include using parallel ports and a special parallel cable to connect two computers. You can even create a small network using regular modems and telephone cabling, although these methods are not used much today due to their extremely slow data transfer rates.

The easiest and fastest method would be using a crossover Ethernet cable between your two computers.

for the software visit here (multicomm)
www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/ Fax-Telephony/MultiComm.shtml

thst ok for ur problem i think

u can use win xps remote control feature also

for internet sharing u can use the ehternet cable , connect the comps and one will get internt then the other will also get it

digen

Youngling
mkpaul said:
thanks expertno.1

No No dont commit that blunder dude ! That post of his is a bloody rip off from here

@expertno.1
Mention the source please the next time.

Thread reported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom