home based employee time tracking

silvermen

Right off the assembly line
do we have any software who can track an online worker from other parts of the world? the one with a video call,chat box maybe,i can assign,designate work,and monitor them time to time..just suggest the software that is affordable and worth it..thanks guys!

miferer

For video conferencing and chats, you can use Skype. For collaboration, you can use Basecamp and Google Docs. Then, you can use a dedicated software for your time tracking.

That is what most "virtual" offices use to set up their work environment with their remote workers nowadays.

Last edited:

DonaldMartin

I agree with 'miferer', the workspace is usually set up like that, and we also use a monitoring software called My Team Monitor so the management could see when, how long, and what each employee was working on each day. It logs screenshots, and the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks made. The software is free, it only needs a registration on the part of the employer at their website (google 'myteammonitor' to find it) and the employees will have to install the software which doesn't take up much space on the computer.

000Orga

Broken In
In some virtual freelancing sites, like oDesk for example they have their own software that you are required to download and install in your computer so that they can track your work. Especially for hourly rates. I've used TeamViewer before with a few of my workmates a few months ago and it works just fine. I agree with using Skype as a mode of communication as well.

DonaldMartin

Yes, I think the important thing is to use something. There are people who are proponents of monitoring being unethical, but TBH I think they are just procrastinators who are used to being totally free while working online, and are afraid of actually having to work. I don't agree with spying on employees, but a straightforward software which can be turned on and off is necessary. Especially since the workforce is slowly moving to virtual working environments on a global scale. You can't trust everyone.

angelinwilliams

Hi,

Use Labor Time Tracker with web punching and/or phone punching. Our system will automatically bill on a per employee basis. You pay only for the employees in your account. There are no setup fees, license fees, training fees, support fees, or contracts. Cancel anytime.

hema123

New to this forum
For home based time tracking I had not used any specific tool but for business employee time tracking, I like Replicon's time tracking software which is very easy to use and can be accessed from anywhere, being cloud based.

Top Bottom