Hollywood celebrities threaten to sue Google over nude photo leak

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hollywood celebrities threaten to sue Google over nude photo leak, could seek $100 million in damages - Tech2

More than a dozen Hollywood celebrities whose naked pictures were hacked and posted online have threatened to sue Google for failing to crack down on the leaks.

In a letter by prominent Tinseltown lawyer Marty Singer published by the Hollywood Reporter, they warned they could seek $100 million in damages from the US online search giant. “We are writing concerning Google’s despicable, reprehensible conduct in not only failing to act expeditiously and responsibly to remove the images, but in knowingly accommodating, facilitating and perpetuating the unlawful conduct,” said the letter. “Google is making millions and profiting from the victimization of women,” added the letter, written on behalf of over a dozen unnamed celebrities, actresses, models and athletes.

The warning letter came after two waves of nude photos, including of stars like Jennifer Lawrence and Kim Kardashian, were circulated on social media last month.

Hackers first released a trove of nude starlets’ photos on the Labor Day weekend at the start of September, after snatching them from Apple’s iCloud in what the tech giant has called a “targeted attack.” A second wave came three weeks later.

“As a result of your blatantly unethical behavior, Google is exposed to significant liability and both compensatory and punitive damanges that could well exceed $100 million,” wrote Singer.

There was no immediate response from Google to the lawyer’s letter, which was dated Wednesday.

:lol: celebs think google owns the internet.
they should sue apple instead because the photos leaked from iCloud :facepalm:

amjath

Human Spambot
WTF, know that celebs are dumb but this dumb!! It was leaked from their iphone synced with icloud. Then why not sue Apple. This case should be rejected before submitting in the court :p

Inceptionist

Journeyman
The leak wasn't even from iCloud cause some photos were stolen long before iCloud service started. Most accepted scenario is that it was a ring of perverts exchanging celeb photos and someone leaked his collection of photos online.

Flash

Lost in speed
Why just Google alone?
No Facebook? Facebook is riskier than Google on private matters.

ankush28

Bazinga
Somebody teach this rich noobs/boobs what is Internet and how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Before you start bashing me about boobs read this first- Let me google that for you

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Stop taking nude pics or don't complain if they got leak is what celebs should understand but still some pics were great :oops:

Darth Vader

In the zone
Stop taking nude pics or don't complain if they got leak is what celebs should understand but still some pics were great :oops:

This is like blaming the Rape victim for the RAPE. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: I'm no celebrity nor supporting this lawsuit.

Futureized

Broken In
the way these celebrities have there photos in leaks.. its to hard to beleive if they really helped in leaks or not..

$hadow

Geek in making
This is like blaming the Rape victim for the RAPE. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: I'm no celebrity nor supporting this lawsuit.

You took that to the wrong path. Celebs said that only the pics in which they are nude got leaked whereas the other normal pic didn't leaked so if they won't have taken nude pics I guess there would not have been a leak. Hope you got it.

Darth Vader

In the zone
You took that to the wrong path. Celebs said that only the pics in which they are nude got leaked whereas the other normal pic didn't leaked so if they won't have taken nude pics I guess there would not have been a leak. Hope you got it.

Dear friend,

Let say a thief broke into ur house at night and stole all your Jeweleries/money but leaving out your S3/N5/Nexus 7 & Lenovo Y510P :D .
Will it be fair if i blame you for owning the Jewellery in first place ??

Hope you got my point here.

funskar

Padawan
Why do these silly noob celebs shared saved their nudes photos ?
Do there was nude photo sharing competition was on :p

Top Bottom