High CPU usage when laptop starts

I have a Lenovo Y500 laptop with a 120GB Crucial mSATA SSD in which the OS is installed(cloned the earlier C drive).

Nowadays, when my laptop starts, its CPU usage skyrockets to 90%(even upto 100%) for about 4-5 minutes, then it settles down. This is when power is connected. When its running on batteries, max CPU frequency is 1.17 GHz, so it tskes more time to settle down.

During these 5 minutes everything else runs fine, except for games n other CPU intensive tasks. So how can i solve this problem without reinstalling the whole OS ??

Screenshot:
100 usage.jpg

*fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11061203_1125643874119790_2406456004673571051_n.jpg?oh=0b292fb3008f2f7f43f76cb5e56dd159&oe=55E6316E&__gda__=1441012286_6fa94f0a8a311e687e2bc69cb85c6e86

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Which antivirus do you use?

Remove softwares you don't use will help in this situation.also you can disable unneeded startups to speed up boot time.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Boot time is around 10-15s (till my desktop)...... I don't think Bitdefender is to be blamed.

You can see in the pic which processes takes up more usage, some of them are:
- Service Host Network service (4)
- WMI Provider Host
- System

Minion

Conversation Architect
Boot time is around 10-15s (till my desktop)...... I don't think Bitdefender is to be blamed.

You can see in the pic which processes takes up more usage, some of them are:
- Service Host Network service (4)
- WMI Provider Host
- System
If you are using Win 8
Press ctrl+shift+esc
go to startup see which apps are high impact on boottime.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
might b memory problem ... try adding more of it ...

RAM, seriously ??
Do check the screenshot attached

My laptop has 8GB RAM

- - - Updated - - -

If you are using Win 8
Press ctrl+shift+esc
go to startup see which apps are high impact on boottime.

Its something else
High startup impact apps were present since the day I purchased my laptop

When I researched it in Internet, many others had the same problem, but the solution which worked for most of them didn't work for me

$hadow

Geek in making
I was using bitdefender earlier and it was taking a big toll on the performance even after boot. So I replaced it with 360 and my laptop is booting up in 6 to 7 secs which was 15 sec earlier.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...

Can you post a screenshot of task manager with process and startup tab?

There it is

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Lenovo Y500 laptop with a 120GB Crucial mSATA SSD in which the OS is installed(cloned the earlier C drive).

Nowadays, when my laptop starts, its CPU usage skyrockets to 90%(even upto 100%) for about 4-5 minutes, then it settles down. This is when power is connected. When its running on batteries, max CPU frequency is 1.17 GHz, so it tskes more time to settle down.

During these 5 minutes everything else runs fine, except for games n other CPU intensive tasks. So how can i solve this problem without reinstalling the whole OS ??

View attachment 15298

I was using bitdefender earlier and it was taking a big toll on the performance even after boot. So I replaced it with 360 and my laptop is booting up in 6 to 7 secs which was 15 sec earlier.

I'm using Bitdefender for past 3 years..... Personally I don't think it impacts performance much

Minion

Conversation Architect
Nope I can't see but this thing happens frequently with digit forum. You can use a image sharing site and post here.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
RAM, seriously ??
Do check the screenshot attached

My laptop has 8GB RAM

- - - Updated - - -

Its something else
High startup impact apps were present since the day I purchased my laptop

When I researched it in Internet, many others had the same problem, but the solution which worked for most of them didn't work for me

Where are the screen shots? Do post them via any image sharing site...

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Looks like a malware problem which executes a lot of scripts on startup.

i also think so.....
Somehow now I can't refresh the windows either, waiting for win 10 to do a clean install

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post a screenshot of the startup tab in ccleaner?

Here it is

*fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/t31.0-8/p600x600/11203526_1142013782482799_2837014946317762533_o.jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nothings seems wrong going by that screenshot. Only those are enabled in the screen shot or there are more after scrolling down?

Top Bottom