hi can anyone suggest me a good UPs under 3 k

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you have less load, you can get Luminous UPS 600va.
If you have high load (that is graphic card and all), you need to increase your budget and get 1100 va.

APC ones used to be good & are usually expensive, otherwise maybe v-guard. Avoid small brands like Zebronics, etc. I have a Zebronics one, it lost a lot of its backup in a year.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
APC ones used to be good & are usually expensive, otherwise maybe v-guard. Avoid small brands like Zebronics, etc. I have a Zebronics one, it lost a lot of its backup in a year.
Actually that is not an issue,I mean just replace the battery with amron/exide & backup issue is solved.More important is the switch over time & voltage stabilization where good brands score over cheap brands but again it is not an issue if ups is connected to home inverter setup.

Actually that is not an issue,I mean just replace the battery with amron/exide & backup issue is solved.More important is the switch over time & voltage stabilization where good brands score over cheap brands but again it is not an issue if ups is connected to home inverter setup.
Surely changing battery will solve it, but it wore out pretty quickly. I had an APC one for like a decade or more, changed its battery 3 times, had to get rid of it because the switch literally became unusable & some internal rusting.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You might need a stabilizer and UPS here. Unless there are models that has both. These days all home appliances say, no need for a stabilizer. They might be right as well. But again, I normally get a stabilizer as well.

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
hi. i need it for PC along with microscope ( with LED light and joysticks). budget i can stretch to 5 k.
aint UPS also acts as a voltage stabilizer

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi. i need it for PC along with microscope ( with LED light and joysticks). budget i can stretch to 5 k.
You only need voltage stabilizer if mains power supply has visible voltage fluctuations & chances of this happening are almost nil if living in a metro/urban city with proper electricity connection.

quicky008

Technomancer
most of the sub 3k upses usually have very poor voltage regulation (including those from APC)-its better to get a model that allows users to configure the upper and lower voltage thresholds to facilitate proper regulation,like this one: APC BE700Y in.

toofan

Technomancer
I bought a I-ball Nirantar 600 VA ups. Now after 4-5 months its restarting while shutting down the pc during power cut.
550 w power supply.

So if you have a 550 w power supply go for 800VA ups. If 650 then 1000va.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Microscope power requirement ? Is it between 75 - 100 w ? Anyway, you can get a APC 700 VA ( BE700Y-IND ) which shall do the job.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a I-ball Nirantar 600 VA ups. Now after 4-5 months its restarting while shutting down the pc during power cut.
550 w power supply.

So if you have a 550 w power supply go for 800VA ups. If 650 then 1000va.

It does not matter on power supply but actual load and it's better to avoid brands like i-ball when it comes to selecting a UPS.

Top Bottom