Helppp me in UPGRADING my "Dumb" PC 2 a &$Gaming P.C$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
HI GUYS,
THERE IS NO AGP slot in the motherboard.
now, suggest a value 4 money motherboard with PCIe slots
and an entry level 5 star VFM PCIe gfx card.
both these things ashould cost Rs 9000
also suggest a 5star VFM ddr2 512 mb ram module
i think my old 2 ghz processor is fine.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Atleast tell us if you have an Intel or AMD proccy.

Judging by the fact that you have a 2 Ghz proccy and it is old, I assume it is Intel. Your proccy uses socket 478 and all Intel mobo's with DDR2 support and PCI-E use LGA775. So you have to buy a new proccy if you want to use PCI-E and DDR2 RAM.

I suggest you go for a faster, cheaper AMD solution rather than buy Intel.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
no onboard agp...hmmm!!!that means u've a pretty old mobo ... so u wont find any new board with the old socket 478/socket A ....

ok kunwar .. i'd suggest you to have a complete system upgrade ... pci cards are not a good investment .... aim for an AMD64+mobo ... get a 512mb ddr400 xion ram module ...and a 6600 agp card ...but since u want this to be done in 9k's .. its a bit too tough ...

if u have an intel processor then go for a 865chipset mobo + 512mb ram ....

BTW : pcie mobo's cost a bit more ...

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
help me guys
intel 845 mobo
intel 865 has very mediocre intel extreme graphics
processor with socket 478
i proposed a NICE intel 915 mobo.
but it need 800 mhz fsb
all my RECEARCH went in VAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i must have cried.
it costs Rs 4000 only only 4000
i dun know the fsb of my pc but i think it can't be 800 mhz

please help
i am not SRK
i can't go 4 more than Rs 9000
i can go 4 slim sexy ps2 4 Rs 13000

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
drvarunmehta said:
Atleast tell us if you have an Intel or AMD proccy.

Judging by the fact that you have a 2 Ghz proccy and it is old, I assume it is Intel. Your proccy uses socket 478 and all Intel mobo's with DDR2 support and PCI-E use LGA775. So you have to buy a new proccy if you want to use PCI-E and DDR2 RAM.

I suggest you go for a faster, cheaper AMD solution rather than buy Intel.
yes it sports socket 478
according to ur way of upgrade,
how much would i need to spend :roll: :roll: :? :idea: :?: :!:

huzaifa b arab

GetUserTitle()
I suggest u 2 go for an AMD 64 sol'n. U sud sel u'r Mobo. & proccy to sum up some $.Buy an AMD 64 3000+ --- 5500/-
any arbit mobo for 3500/- (with AGP)
Ge-force Fx 5700 128 mb 4500/- ((Nice one)optional)
U can also go for an onboard Ge-force 4 sol'n. (not Bad) by spending on the MoBO.
u really gotta add 4500/- from any where.
And also look out for a mobo that supports your old ram.
See that you sum up some more money later to buy a 256 mb ram for an additional upgrade.

Then see how your Machine sparkles.

angad

Right off the assembly line
i think u should wait for a month or so til prices drop (probably only a litle)...basically u mach a proc and mobo...a slightly out of date combo due to ur restricted budget....and also by then u would have more cash so u could spend a little more on the Gfx card...
frankly 9K is a bit too little....u should try and sell ur PC and go for a complete over haul.....(like the cash u get from the sale plus 9000 should serve ur needs)...
hopr that helped

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
hi dude

huzaifa b arab said:
I suggest u 2 go for an AMD 64 sol'n. U sud sel u'r Mobo. & proccy to sum up some $.Buy an AMD 64 3000+ --- 5500/-
U can also go for an onboard Ge-force 4 sol'n. (not Bad) by spending on the MoBO.
See that you sum up some more money later to buy a 256 mb ram for an additional upgrade.

fx 5700 is a bad card i think u know
then, i dun want to use that 266 mhz ram on my NEW mobo.
and yes, why didn't u mentioned the mobo with PCIe slot ?????????????
tell me a VFM ddr2 ram module.
also, some people r telling me to be away from Hynix RAM
do u want me 2 spend about Rs 15000

angad

Hey kunwar....regarding the 915, 800FSB means that it can support upto 800Mhz.....basically if u can get an LGA775 @ 533 0r even 400 FSB it will still work....max FSB is 800....BUT all LGA775 procs have 800FSB and are too expensive anyway....and ur proccy and 266Mhz RAM would bottleneck any good Vcard(5700 and up)
u should really try and expand ur budget...then u can get a really sexy system for about 15000 w/o Vcard.....and by the way i am shocked that u think 865 has bad onboard vid...i have an original intel 865GBF and i can play NFSU2 at high detail settings and VideoSync on without any probs....
actually even i was surprised at that....but its not a HL2 or Doom3 mobo thats for sure!!!!! :lol:
thats it....mail me or post if ur curious abt something else....
PS if u need a 20K to 30K intel config post a request....

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
even i run nfsug2 on MAX detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huh

i am going to get asrock 915 dual which sports socket 478.
now, give me CONGRATULATIONS
and i 512 mb ddr 400 module.
since this mobo has both agp and PCIe slots.
so, suggest me an entry level PCIe gfx card or a good mid-end agp card.
Club 3d Radeon 9600 is within my budget as it costs Rs 5350.
also, tell me the BEST VALUE gfx cards reviewed in digit jan 05 issue as i missed that issue.

angad

!!!!!!????????
AGP and PCI??? never heard of that bfore.....thats cool.....
i suggest u invest in an el cheapo Gfx card rite now(which can play latest games at slightly lower re etc) and wait for card manufacturers to fully exploit PCIe 16x capability and then bust the bank and buy the best card out there....coz u kno rite now PCIe andAGP performance is abt the same....
lemme kno wat ya think...
hmmmm and i checked u are rite abt the asrock....
sexy...mebbe i'll buy it too....lemme kno if it is a good overclocker as i cant overclock w/ my intel 865 rite now...:(
PS still using ur old proc????or upgrade??

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
how about 6600 non-gt
but it costs Rs 8000.

or a club 3d radeon 9600 at only Rs 5350????????

did u read jan 05 issue??????????????????

angad

nope....not read jan issue.....i can go to my skool library and dig it up tho....when i go bak that is....!!!!!

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
hi

huzaifa b arab said:

i need not replace my proccy!!!!!!!!!!!
should i go for 6600 gt (256 mb) or Asus A9550 Gamer Edition 128 MB - Rs. 5,600 ?????????
as my mobo has both PCIe and agp slot.
Believe me.
it is Asrock 915 dual reviewed in mar 05 CHIP issue. :idea:

angad

if the 6600GT has 256 bit memory interface then buy it , otherwise the 256MB vram will be fo no use as the bandwidth will bottleneck the ram itself.... idont like the 9550 personally....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom