help with new ram module

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe435369

Right off the assembly line
I have P4 1.7 Ghz, 384 MB of PC133 SD ram,Geforce Fx 5200 graphicas card,cd rom ,FDD and 300 W smps recently I had installed one 512 Mb PC133 SD ram stick in my PC. Windows XP has detected it but the problem is that when i play games such as Doom 3, Far Cry The following Error message occurs in blue screen :

"beginning Dump Of physical memory.physical memory dump complete".

This happens actually when loading part of these games comes.but these games runs fine on my old ram stick. i had also tried reinstalling thse games but no use.then i had tried microsofts memory dignostic utility but while processing test all contents are screwed up and computer get freezed what does this mean?does my ram module is faulty? please help guys.[/b]

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Try these steps:-
1. Try plugging only ur 512MB ram into the system and then see, whether it is working ok there or not?
2.One again check the frequency of ur 512MB ram. May be it is of different timings and clock.
3.Try updating your system bios with a new one.
4.And finally do this...
go to the page file settings, and then in the virtual memory part, create a pagefile of exactly double the size of overall ram installed in your system.
5.And lastly changin the module always work. :wink:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Just check that the frequency of both the sticks match,if this does not help then lift click on my computer-----properties----advanced-----performance--settings----advanced--change--and then create pagefile double of your memory and try again ,Good LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom