Help with laptop plz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitava_b

In the zone
But IBM laptop's price will reach sky high if u r gonna for some good features in it. Like what acer is giving at around 55K, IBM will give the same features at above 1L!!....with some crazy unnecessary things like fingerprint check and all!!! :shock: If u r going for ruggedness, better go for a desktop :lol: Doc, laptop is meant to b delicate........

Here I need one more info. Can anyone tell me where I can find the Indian prices of various laptops along with some deshi review....everywhere I find price in dollars (I dunno about the custom rates if I want them to be shipped to india) and their review is also in respect of their dealers/environment.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I think you can go for compaq its widescreen and all .My friend got one so cool. These come with winxp installed . Is it possible to get the laptop without winxp and reduce the price

OP
D

drswapnil

Right off the assembly line
hiiiiiii

Thanks for all u r views.

it seems that zenith is in a very bad condition. i yesterday tried all the nos available on the zenith website and the one given by our friend sumitava_b. no one amongest them stocks zenith anymore. all have reverted to selling other brands.

i have decided upon the sempron system but the problem is none except acer supply it in india. i just hope that someone comes out with one soon. till then i am just keeping my fingers crossed.

swapnil

sumitava_b

In the zone
Doc, why dot acer? I think it is kinda cheap n best in India. If u r decided for sempron, then here is a good list of acer sempron models:

Acer Aspire 1362LCi-XPP: 7.9 lbs, AMD 1.8 GHz , 512 MB DDR SDRAM , 60 GB IDE , 15.1 in TFT active matrix , 1 Lithium ion , Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Acer Aspire 3002WLCi: 512 MB DDR SDRAM , 60 GB IDE , 15 in TFT active matrix , 1 Lithium ion , Microsoft Windows XP Professional

AVERATEC 3270 :4.4 lbs, AMD Mobile Sempron (1.6 GHz) , 512 MB DDR SDRAM , 60 GB IDE , 12.1 in TFT active matrix , 1 Lithium ion , Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

This list is sourced from a US site. I dunno howw many of them r available in India. Every model costs below 1000$ :)

Plzzz dont think me as an acer agent. Nowadays I am too thinking of buying a good lappie. Above was the result of my extensive research. Although my budget is upto 80K, acer has caught my eyes with those models full of features. They r giving some steal at some really low prices!! :D

super_i_man

Broken In
Celeron M & Pentium M performace same

The following link says it all, there is hardly any difference in the performace of Celeron M and Pentium M processors for laptops. Only the battery life is high for Pentium M. And also no hardcore games allowed in Celeron M. See the link to belive it.

*www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040309/

amit_arya

Broken In
Re: hi

Keith Sebastian said:
With the Indian heat, humidity, dust and unclean power every lappy is as unreliable as the next one. So it makes good sense to get one with good warranty cover.

i was taling to a Dell Exec. he told me that they ship there notebooks with insurance. hence apart from theft & burn even if you spill water / get a broken TFT or matter of fact drop the notebook they will repair it without charges....

i do not know if thats true but this is what he told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom