Help with Fitting Corsair H100i v2 (GTX)

dhruvasagar

Broken In
Hi guys,

I recently build my new rig. I have Ryzen R7 1800x with MSI x370 Krait Gaming mother board. However I am unable to mount the Liquid cooling on top of the processor. I understand that this perhaps needs new AM4 brackets, which to me looks like did come in the package of the cooler but doesn't seem to fit nevertheless.

I would like to see if anyone has had any luck in this combination ? Or if there are any instructional videos that show someone fitting the bracket on the x370. I have read about a lot of people facing these issues but also that Corsair has since perhaps addressed it (not entirely sure because of lack of confirmation from users). Any help would be appreciated.

Since I just purchased this, I also have the option of switching out the H100i v2 cooler with something else that may be more compatible. Please do suggest that if anybody knows.

On a side note, for the sake of testing my rig, to make sure there are no obvious hardware issues I have tried to run it without the cpu cooler and I see that the system seems to be crashing quickly. I believe it maybe because of cpu overheating but I am not sure how I can tell if that is the reason. After letting the system cool for a bit if I start the system again, it does boot but crashes soon and subsequent attempts to start it do not work. Kindly share your opinions on the same as well, I just wanted to make sure there are no obvious hardware issues, but I can't tell for sure yet.

Edit: Just wanted to highlight that subsequent attempts to turn the pc on do turn the pc on, but it crashes instantly, even before we reach POST screen.

Edit2: I believe the AMD brackets packaged with the h100i v2 are AM3 and not AM4, there's a subtle but significant difference between the two which caused initial confusion for me. Doesn't look like AM4 brackets are easy to get by. Alternate cooler suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
OP
D

dhruvasagar

Broken In
Hi [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION], thanks for sharing this, however I would like to clarify this video shows the setting up of H100i (not v2) / H110i (both look quite alike). The AM4 bracket required for H100i v2 (H100i GTX) is quite different from this and would involve removing the preinstalled brackets on the mother board (most likely) to set it right.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi @bssunilreddy , thanks for sharing this, however I would like to clarify this video shows the setting up of H100i (not v2) / H110i (both look quite alike). The AM4 bracket required for H100i v2 (H100i GTX) is quite different from this and would involve removing the preinstalled brackets on the mother board (most likely) to set it right.
AMD Ryzen 5 & 7 CPU Cooler Round Up | Introduction | Cases & Cooling | OC3D Revie

OP
D

dhruvasagar

Broken In
I ended up buying CORE FROZR L | Graphics card - The world leader in display performance | MSI Globa, so far performance is pretty good.

Top Bottom