Help With Buying Graphics Card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
HI Coming Straight To Question:
my problem is i want to buy a killer graphics solution for my rig(pci-e),my budget is around Rs.5000-8000, yes i game at resolution 1680*1050(med-high setting),can ne1 suggest me a pci express graphics cards from both camps(Ati-Nvidia). And dont worry for my rig config. its up-to-date. and will ati hd4830 will be good for my rig,wat will be its price when launched in india (mumbai)???????

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Thanx Guys....I have zeroed My Search On Hd4830 I think It will satisfy my gaming needs
coz buying hd4850 will outrun my rig,
can u pls tell me hd4830's price in mumbai and where i cud purchase it from lamington rd????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You can play all the games at ultra high fps with HD4830 except Crysis.

I don't know what Crytek is thinking. Seems like they don't want to sell Crysis that much.

tkin

Back to school!!
HI Coming Straight To Question:
my problem is i want to buy a killer graphics solution for my rig(pci-e),my budget is around Rs.5000-8000, yes i game at resolution 1680*1050(med-high setting),can ne1 suggest me a pci express graphics cards from both camps(Ati-Nvidia). And dont worry for my rig config. its up-to-date. and will ati hd4830 will be good for my rig,wat will be its price when launched in india (mumbai)???????
WHAT!!!

HD4830 isn't equipped enough to handle that resolution, the bare minimum is a 9800GT @ 8.5k(now). ATI campus starts with HD4850 @ 9.5k(now).

I play in that resolution and I know it, and not just crysis, games upcoming in 2009-10 will kick the hell out of HD4830 @ 1680x1050, unless you can sacrifice some eye-candy and run everything @ medium/low, with no AA, and no AF.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Dudes why ru fighting....
Let me explain in india maximumgamers are budget gamers("WE SAVE WE BUY")
thanx to "ATI" we are getting technology that is So much powerful but cheap.
But The problem is 1 yr from now everythings is gonna change we all are gonna Switch to Windows 7 which has DX11,games are gonna be built on that architechture,so wats the point in getting coslty products such as hd4850,hd4870,gt260, blah blah blah which support not more than Dx10,Dx10.1(which cost around 9.4k onwards) for less than 1 year.........
Investing in a cheap but powerful card in a sense is the right choice as if today(hd4830 Rs.6.5k-7.5)
which is able to play atleast all games at 1680*1050 (med-high) u save some amount of money :)
and the life of these cards is less than 1 year so why invest in a costly card for so much less time as the performance goes they are neck to neck 4-5 fps doesnt matter for a good gamer (not the hardcore gamers)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
WHAT!!!

HD4830 isn't equipped enough to handle that resolution, the bare minimum is a 9800GT @ 8.5k(now). ATI campus starts with HD4850 @ 9.5k(now).

I play in that resolution and I know it, and not just crysis, games upcoming in 2009-10 will kick the hell out of HD4830 @ 1680x1050, unless you can sacrifice some eye-candy and run everything @ medium/low, with no AA, and no AF.

Dude. HD4xxx series is well knows for it's scalability and HD4830 is not an exception.

Why are looking into 2010. Even then, I think this card will be able to play games at mid resolution. How can you expect a 6k-7k card to play eveything at FullHD for decades.

yes. I had already mentioned that HD4850 is a much better option for 9.5k but when if you are on a tight budget and can't go further than 7k, I don't see any reason to avoid HD4830.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
WHAT!!!

Dude i have studied hd48xx series architecture several times and they are gonna last more than the nvidia, ati cards are better equipped with aa,af than nvidia even in 2009-10 they are gonna kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom