Help with budget I3 based future gaming build

jaberwockie

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Playing BF4 style graphics, World of Tanks, war thunder, total war series, many older games like cod series, medal of honor, assasins creed series..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too

30k for a pc including the monitor without a GPU

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Unsure, need help here. (details in post)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: DVD drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

This November second week (diwali time incase of offers)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope, but i have opened up my old pc, and explored around quite a bit. my main issues with assembling will be any updating of bios/installing of os and fitting Case headers. I might try with an assembler if the situation is convenient.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

Chennai, Yes, and yes most of it will actually be from flipkart/amazon/snapdeal if i cant find a cheaper deal in retail. i wont be doing any international shipping though.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Ok so ive gamed on a dual core at 1.8ghz with 256mb geforce and 2gbs of ddr2 ram for years. Within 2 months or so, my gracious brother is willing to fund me a computer. So far i have shortlisted this-

I3 4130 (I really dont want an fx 6300 so please dont recommend that)
Corsair VS 450 (or the antec one recommended in the sticky post)
Gigabyte B85M-G43
Deepcool Tesseract Bf Mid Tower
Corsair 4 GB DDR3 (upgradable down the line)
Seagate 1TB

Monitor ???

Now my budget is 30000 INR I will be buying most of the parts online or through a few brick and mortar shops that offer a discount. The whole build including the monitor has to come inside this budget which does not include a GPU

Now my major concerns about this build are -

1) I would want a refresh i3 like the I3 4160 since they are around the same price but my motherboard being a budget one may need a bios update which i dont want to do. Could you recommend me a motherboard under 5000 INR which can run a refresh?. If this is tough, i dont mind compromising and just using the 4130 and upgrading to an i5 down the line.

2) One major concern i have is the GPU. As time goes by i intend to save up for the R9 270. This is 14000 INR and heavily stretches my budget (Not included in the 30K) A second option was the 750 TI but its 10000 INR and the performance is too low in comparison. My problem lies in finding a 1080p monitor that supports HDMI and is 7000 or 8000 INR. This is because the R9 270 supports only DVI and HDMI and most Monitors seem to have only VGA or DVI. I want a HDMI capabale monitor for ~7k which isnt too horizontal if you know what i mean (they look like keyboards)

3) In case this build is not too powerful and i have to lower to 720p, will it make more sense to go for a 720p monitor than for a 1080p one which would stretch the image making it look worse?

So just to be clear, i will be gaming on the HD4400 till i get the R9 270. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and it plays World of Tanks and many other games at lower settings. I dont mind the compromise. But the serious gaming starts with the 270.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 30k

ProcessorIntel Core i3 41507,000
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,200
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,500
CabinetDeepcool Tesseract SW3,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1 TB HDD3,600
MonitorAOC i2276VWM 22" LED IPS8,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total32,000

Go with GTX950 which is just released and will come around for 12k.
GTX950 is far more superior than R9 270 in price to performance ratio_OK.

OP
J

jaberwockie

Right off the assembly line
Since its a Haswell refresh, isnt that one of those motherboards that require the bios flash?
also could you link me to the site where the monitor is 8k? its all 8.5k to 10k from what im seeing.
Is the i3 4150 really just 7k? its 9k on flipkart and 8.5k on amazon

Also thanks so much for the 950 suggestion!

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Since its a Haswell refresh, isnt that one of those motherboards that require the bios flash?
also could you link me to the site where the monitor is 8k? its all 8.5k to 10k from what im seeing.
Is the i3 4150 really just 7k? its 9k on flipkart and 8.5k on amazon

mdcomputers.in have COD option as well. You can call them and ask for shipping to your area specifically also. So call them 1st.
Also thanks so much for the 950 suggestion!

Intel Core i3 4130 -7158.
Intel Core i3 4150 -7742.

Link for Processors:PROCESSOR

AOC i2276VWM 22" LED IPS -8467.

Link for Monitor:AOC I2276Vwm - LED monitor - 21.5 Inch Black Price in India - Buy AOC I2276Vwm - LED monitor - 21.5 Inch Black Online - Infibeam.com

Top Bottom