Help Urgent : Expert Advise Needed for Assembled PC

sushantsah

Right off the assembly line
Hi Experts there,
I am confused to get a pc in good budget for specific work, i have tried to write everything below.

Your expert advise will really help me, as you guys are better and transparent than local shops, misguiding me.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Not for Gaming, (As I play on PS), strictly for 2 working serious purpose.

1. Pro Level - Graphics Design (Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel) No 3D MAX, Maya
2. Semi Pro to Pro Level - Video Editing (Premier/Aftereffect, Finalcut pro)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50, Can stretch upto to 80 (including monitor, wireless Key/B), if my config cost is more than that please tell me about imac i5 cpu with 21 inch, that comes in 100k range, open to imac also.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not sure what it is,
benefit is faster – but what are cons

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8 (64 bit) so I can use more than 3GB Ram

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Min 1TB (Rest I store in external) – Need fast read/write speed, reliable super reliable HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
Min 21 inch which has great resolution, shape and zero flickr/less lag time
Any update on dual monitor and its card for video editing ?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: DVD Drive, Graphics VCard (But might see Blue Ray, as in future it might be required)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediate

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembled, and a bit I know, but more or less it will be by hardware guy, rest software/installation I can take care

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Dehradun, Most probably Local, But open to online for a good deal

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Few think I read and seems to settle upon, not final
Atleast intel i5 (i7 better) or AMD octa core ???
Min 8x2 Corsair vengeance RAM (16 GB)
I have fresh unused old graphics cards Geforce GT8300/7500
But open to new card (Pinnacle / any other) , as core work will be video editing ,
so can buy for video editing purpose, no games….
Need decent robust CPU and MB
Cabinet with Zero sound, robust, cooling required ? for video/graphics editing
Need mother board for video, sound editing support

Thanks for your time...

Will post photos of my new PC once i settle down with your suggestions :)

regards
SK Sah

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 83k (Modifed)

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3 1245 v321,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO9,000
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(8GBx2)6,600
Graphics CardAsus GTX750Ti 2GB DDR5
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 120GB4,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520w5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB5,600
MonitorDell S2216H 22" LED IPS8,600
KeyboardCooler Master Devastator KB and Mouse Combo2,600
MouseIncluded in the Combo0
Total80,000

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*forums.adobe.com/thread/1721262?start=0&tstart=0
The GPU is almost entirely irrelevant for After Effects. For After Effects, what matters is RAM, CPUs, and SSDs (for footage and caches).
See this page for information about hardware for After Effects: FAQ: What computer and components should I buy ... | Adobe Community

With that said, Quadros are severely overpriced and underperforming with regards to most other applications including Premiere Pro. You see, the Quadros K620 is essentially a GeForce GTX 745 that I had warned a couple of people against: It is yet another "crippled" version of the first-generation Maxwell (GM107) architecture, with only 384 CUDA cores (for comparison, the GTX 750 Ti has 640 CUDA cores) and uses lousy DDR3 VRAM with a throughput of only 29 GB/second (versus the 750 Ti's GDDR5 VRAM and 86.4 GB/second memory throughput). Plus, Adobe CS programs in general are sensitive to the GPU VRAM throughput. In a word, the K620 is just plain lousy compared to consumer GPUs that cost one-fourth as much.

Once again though Ray tracer is rarely used even in CS6 and often times the renderer is less efficient and takes longer than the AE render engine. There is a reason they are moving away from it toward the link with C4D. If you must stay with CS6 for now then just use the AE render engine. If you want GPU acceleration for the things Ray tracer is actually used for then look at C4D and Octane. From here on out none of the newer video cards will work with the Ray tracer in CS6.

Don't waste/spend money on video cards for systems intended for professional level works of photo/video editing without asking at right places first.The link above is from Adobe forum & some replies are from members designated as Adobe staff.If you have further queries regarding this i suggest asking there.

[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION], again with a not much thought about copy/paste pc configuration.Such ready-made configurations are ok for general use not for "professional work" use.For future reference keep in mind not every adobe application(& version) works best with quattro & don't give a suggestion on pro level photo/video editing without doing some research first.

Hey, trying to get a youtube channel ?
Final cut pro is an OS X only application. You would need to get a mac or build a hackintosh (say bye to AMD if going for hackintosh) .
As with GPU, it does not help much in rendering, but that doesn't mean that it don't help. It helps in accelerating some stuff (which is pre processed by CPU), so it's advised to get good CPU, lots and lots of RAM and a high speed SSD.
As with monitor do not care about response time. In editing you would need to look at lots of colors and match them scene to scene. So get yourself good IPS display. There are cheap ones and there are good ones, at your budget, you'll need to get a cheap one. Maybe something like LG 24mp77hm.

Top Bottom