Help to select PMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
Hiya to all the people out there,

I require a very specific and if not all, most of the features below..(Or the PMP which i am looking is called a mobile>>???:) )

Read Pdf files
play gameboy colour games
bluetooth
memory expansion or HardDrive
good battery life
line in port
good sound
and file support...

Cowon Q5W is out of budget, and some of the the above are optional...

You sir, need a large screen smartphone.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (with 8GB MSD card) @ 13.5K should be perfect.
Can do what you want plus a LOT more.

Buy an extra 16GB card if you don't mind hot swapping cards to switch between a card full of songs and apps and another full of movies (its what my friend does).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You sir, need a large screen smartphone.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (with 8GB MSD card) @ 13.5K should be perfect.
Can do what you want plus a LOT more.

Buy an extra 16GB card if you don't mind hot swapping cards to switch between a card full of songs and apps and another full of movies (its what my friend does).

Hey buddy, you are online after a long time?? not getting time these days?

Hey buddy, you are online after a long time?? not getting time these days?

Shifted to my college's hostel 1 month back. Now end sems are over so I am back home.

Over there the ONLY thing which worked on my Nokia 5130XM Internet was Facebook since I forgot TDF and GMail passwords (which are safely there for me to see back home, in a highly encrypted file).

From next year, I will be accessing TDF on a 2nd hand Nokia 2626 (new college rules banning expandable memory, WiFi, Bluetooth and Cams from phones) 128x128 screen from Opera Mini 4.2. I can't imagine how bad the experience gonna be. :cry:

That's unless I decide to stop waiting and get a laptop.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ah okay. which college is it and these rules in engineering college is definitely childish!!!!

^^ah okay. which college is it and these rules in engineering college is definitely childish!!!!
LOLZ, its Amrita School Of Engineering, Kasavanahalli, Bangalore.

I've learnt to live with them. Had no choice since it was the best college I was offered a seat for B.Tech CSE after 12th.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yeah. I do understand. Fortunately, when I did B.Tech, cell phones just started to penetrate into youth and the rules we had were like

1) Respect your Dean
2) Respect your Dean
3) Respect your Dean

:)

OP
S

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
Okkay.. I thought the same...

by the way, add usb host to the list of features...
would be good if a company mady any such smartphone..

btw, the mobile you suggested can play GBA games too???

Okkay.. I thought the same...

by the way, add usb host to the list of features...
would be good if a company mady any such smartphone..

btw, the mobile you suggested can play GBA games too???
Yup, From what I can recollect, there are NES, GB, GBC, GBA and a few other emulators for Symbian phones available. There is even an Atari emulator if memory serves right.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^any that kinda emulator for SE phone?? btw hw is 5800XM's battery life? except for recharging it frequently I like almost everything on it...great for music, movies and browsing.

^^any that kinda emulator for SE phone?? btw hw is 5800XM's battery life? except for recharging it frequently I like almost everything on it...great for music, movies and browsing.

Most good emulators are for Symbian or Windows Mobile. Now linux (android/mameo/palm) based phones also are getting good emulators and so are iPhones due to VisualBoyAdvance emulator which runs on a normal full fledged linux and mac distribution.

By "SE Phone" you must mean a normal java SE phone like a nokia S40 phone then I guess there are not that many good emulators. But there IS a good GBC emulator. I use it but it crashes waay too frequently and you can't proceed beyond an initial point in a really large game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom