Help to chose a cooler from US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster_AMD

Broken In
Hey friends,
My friend just left for USA. She is in California for a month. I am thinking of buying a CPU cooler from there. Please suggest me a fantastic cooler fan that will keep my CPU kool in exteme gaming conditions. How abt ASUS Star ICE? Please provide link for the product so that I can forward it to her. No proper cooling solution is available in Pune.
My Rig: AMD Athlon 64 3000, Mobo: ASUS A8n E.

Also I have a Sony Vaio PCG FRV27 laptop which I bought 2 yrs back from Cali4nia and its fan is not working. I had to change the HDD. It keeps getting hotter n hotter. Is there any way by which we can put a fan into it or some outside cooling solution? I do not want go to US to get replaced. Plz help me out of this.

And lastly planning to buy a new lappy. Should I go for Dell Inspiron 6000 (within my budget) or any other competitive model from Compaq, HP or Acer?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Regarding your laptop, you can get coolers for your laptop. They will sit udner your laptop and have 2 or more fans which will keep the underside of your laptop cool. If you don't find any in Pune, ask your friend to get one ;)

And Go for the Dell Inspiron 6000. Best in class :D

godzi_85

In the zone
for the cpu cooler go for the thermalright xp-90c or a thermalright 120 with a 120 mm fan..

mind you the thermal right doesn`t come with a fan.. so you`d have to go and buy a new one.....
for the xp-90c.. the recommended fan is a panaflo 92 mm....
the 120 mm is hte best but you gotta first chk if it would fit on your mobo.. .. without coming in contact with the graphic card or the memory..

(xp-120)
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109118
(xp-90c)
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109122

btw there is also zalman.. which again is very good tooo..
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118119
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118118
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

btw can you get me a xp-90c.??? lol

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Monster_AMD said:
And lastly planning to buy a new lappy. Should I go for Dell Inspiron 6000 (within my budget) or any other competitive model from Compaq, HP or Acer?

If your budget permits, then how about going for Apple iBook or PowerBook. They are bit costly, but worth every paisa.

OP
M

Monster_AMD

Broken In
thanx

If your budget permits, then how about going for Apple iBook or PowerBook. They are bit costly, but worth every paisa.

It is difficult to get softwares for Apple. Maybe thats just a hype but still...

btw can you get me a xp-90c.??? lol

Yah I can. She will be back by 24th July. If u need one mail me : kiranaghor@gmail.com
Do u have any idea abt the prices?
Also take a look at this> This one is not that heavy i guess.
*www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=10&disc=
But I am not sure whether it uses copper material or aluminium one.

OP
M

Monster_AMD

Broken In
Regarding your laptop, you can get coolers for your laptop. They will sit udner your laptop and have 2 or more fans which will keep the underside of your laptop cool.
Could u plz give me link for such coolers?
No they are not available here in Pune.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Here's an example of a laptop cooler:

This is a Targus laptop cooler:

*www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=AWE01US

And here are more from Amazon.com:

*www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-4746078-0702411

IMO, Targus makes good laptop accessories so I believe this one will be a good product too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom