Help to choose a graphics card for 15k?

hawx

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I need to buy a graphics card for around 15k, but i am in incremental upgrade mode,that is going to update my system in steps starting with graphics card,then PSU,Mobo+CPU+RAM.

1.PSU in current system:VIP 500W gold editon
2.Budget:15k,limit-16k
3.Resolution-1080p to 720p with medium to high settings(no ultra settings)
4.current config-AMD dual core 3.0ghz proc+Asus M2NMX-SE plus mobo+transcend 4gb ddr2 800Mhz RAM+Zotac 9800 GT synergy edition. :oops:

Ok now i have shortlisted Zotac Nvidia 660 GTX for around 13k and Zotac Nvidia GTX 750TI amp for around 12k.

Now should i rely on the old 660 GTX or buy the newer 750TI. Also should i wait for the GTX 760 price to come down a bit and then buy it or should wait for the new maxwell architecture card to arrive and in the mean time upgrade my rest of the system.

The factors I am considering before buying the card is that I should be able to rely on the card for at least two years for my gaming needs before i need an upgrade and yes i will be keeping the card stock clocked all the time.
Also if i decide to buy a mentioned card will it work on my current system or the CPU will become to much of a bottleneck.

Thank in advance.

vishpt

Broken In
Check out ATI raedon R9 270x It is a good model and comes under 15k ...... Check out this link

Best Graphics Cards For The Money: July 2014

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
upgrade the psu first if you dont want to see fumes floating around you ;)
your dual core cpu will definitely bottleneck such gpus. you need to get a good cpu too to play games without any hiccups.
get antec vp550p or seasonic s12ii 520.

OP
H

hawx

Broken In
thanks for the replies guys,i would definitely considered the cards u mentioned,by the way is the wait worth for gtx 770's price to come down a bit or should i further wait for maxwell arch. cards...so that system can be more stable in terms of upgrade lifecycle.

- - - Updated - - -

upgrade the psu first if you dont want to see fumes floating around you ;)
your dual core cpu will definitely bottleneck such gpus. you need to get a good cpu too to play games without any hiccups.
get antec vp550p or seasonic s12ii 520.

Thanks for the suggestion abt the PSU's. Also are the Indian made PSU of inferior quality even from brand such as VIP,cause i never had trouble with mine,though i o.c my proc and graphics card it never fired back on me...i am just curious...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
check this *www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I recommend the MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G. It's almost as good as the 270X (within 5%) and comes with lower power draw. If you are dead set on 270X go for the MSI or Asus models. I have had terrible luck with Sapphire since HD 48xx days and no longer recommend that brand though it does appear to be good for the price.

nancytrip

Broken In
I want the best graphics card under

- - - Updated - - -

articles helping you choose the best graphics cards for meeting your needs.

Top Bottom