Help to buy 14 inch laptop

powerstarprince

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
- 40 to 50k (can spend 2-3k more if really worth)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
-Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen (particularly 14 inch screen)

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
- India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus, Dell (HP/lenovo/vaio is also ok)
b. Dislike: Acer

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
- web surfing, movies, music, e-mails and normal computing tasks, partial gaming ( graphic card is a must low/med settings for latest games is ok )

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
- both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
- Fifa, assasin's creed, nfs, cod and few old games... also new releases( but not an avid gamer low/med settings will work framerates must be playable )

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
- 4 to 5 hours or more

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
- see the notebook ( there are little chances of buying it on-line unless its not directly available in the outside market )

10) What OS do you prefer?
- Windows 7 64-bit

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer
- 1366x768p HD(16:9 ratio) or better. Other screen aspects are ok if the native resolution meets the min. HD requirements

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Is there an i5 processor and an nvidia gpu instead of i7 and radeon for this model??
It's specs,price and looks are good but how is the display and build quality?
What abt the battery life/backup, heating issues and keyboard/touchpad?

why is the pavilion dv4 and xps 14 not available in market... and btw asus n45sf looks good but unavailable in india atm, will there be any new model of this laptop from asus anytime soon for indian market?

aroraanant

Explorer
Is there an i5 processor and an nvidia gpu instead of i7 and radeon for this model??
Asus K43 Series K43SA-VX040D
It has a i5 but has got the same gpu.

It's specs,price and looks are good but how is the display and build quality?
What abt the battery life/backup, heating issues and keyboard/touchpad?
Display is good and build quality is also very good far better than most of the brands.Batter back up is around 3hrs and pretty decent.No heating issues at all.The keyboard is not that good,just ok.
There are many people of who own similar model laptop here on TDF so I think they can tell you more in detail.

why is the pavilion dv4 and xps 14 not available in market... and btw asus n45sf looks good but unavailable in india atm
Both are discontinued by the company.DV4 is just a piece of a crap and don't buy it also if you get one also.

will there be any new model of this laptop from asus anytime soon for indian market?
Have no idea about it :|

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
alright k43sa-vx040d seems to be fine for me.... it has amd radeon 6730m gpu , how's the performance of this graphic card and is it better than nvidia geforce gt 540m ?? Also, what about the dynamic switching mode does it work on the 6730m properly or it should be kept under fixed mode in bios as in hp dv6.

where can i get this laptop in chennai/bangalore and what would be its appx. price sold by a dealer...?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Check out this HP dv4 from flipkart. I own it and can personally testify that it is good.
HP Pavilion DV6 Series Dv4 - 3016tx Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

i5 and a good graphics card (6750M)

.DV4 is just a piece of a crap and don't buy it also if you get one also.

Your reasons?

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
nah i'm not goin' for this dv4 its old, waiting for a new 14 inch latop still...
n45sf has awesum config and price tag but it got gaming problems also not available in india. waiting for other brands to release their 14 inch

Top Bottom