Help - Suggest a good netbook and place in pune

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I wish to buy a netbook in Pune.

Please suggest me a good netbook with following config :

Screen less than 10 inches (10 or 8 inch)
Long battery life (something like 8-10 hrs)
RAM 2 Gb (or 1Gb which has an option to upgrade to 2 GB readily while purchasing)
Most of them are Atom processor but I heard recent ones are with some upgraded processor.

My bias is towards ASUS and Samsung but if you have a suggestion otherwise, I might consider it.

Also please suggest a good place to buy in Pune.

Thanks.

P.S. - Just a query - How do you format and reinstall windows in a netbook as it has no CD drive. Does it have a restore option or we have to do it via pen drive?

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Just an update. Samsung N210 is out of stock in Pune. Check all major shops including Samsung Plaza. Maybe I gotto try it in Mumbai or Chennai.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
I'll say go with Inspiron M101z. Wonderful laptop for a wonderful price :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/134663-inspiron-m101z.html

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
By the way I got ASUS 1015PEM.

Its a dual core processor. 1 GB RAM which I upgraded to 2GB. 320 GB HD. 8-10hrs battery. Webcam, Windows 7 starter edition preloaded etc etc. Got it for 21.5K including RAM upgrade. Lamington road mumbai.

I highly recommend this model.

Now no point in buying an atom processor. Go for dual core.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Congratulation a_medico

I'm looking for one netbook too, How is the performance ?

Engadget quoted once that this atom dual core don't shows anything extra with Intel's crappy GMA3150 graphics.

I want to know how is it true ?

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I am very happy with the performance. I am not a gaming person but I do watch movies on it on regular basis. And its good for basic purpose. Very satisfied with it. Don't expect it to be something extraordinary and you wouldn't be disappointed.

garashis

Broken In
Check these Asus 12 inchers with faster processor and 2 GB ram
Asus 1215T
Asus 1215P
HP Mini 110 Series 110-3607TU (Red)

Top Bottom