Help! Some problem with my graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Guys this happen yesterday night. I dint did anything specific with the problem.I was working on eclipse. Suddenly my comp restarted itself. And then i didnt see any problem. Today when am trying to play videos i get rainbow colors on the video. Something similar to negative videos. I tries uninstalling my graphic card driver (xfx 8600gt) and the video is working fine.. Again reinstalled and same problem. Tried various video players like vlc and mediaplayer classic but same issue.
Interesting part is i thought of giving a screen shot of how my video looks so that i can explain better but when i took the screen shot the screen shot was perfectly clear and crispy :O

I am attaching my monitor pic to give you some idea.. I just took a pic with my mobile.May be that can help!

*img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01032008106ic5.jpg

Please help me out! :(

same movie if i take screen shot it comes like this!:(
*img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20080301144619pm1.jpg

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
See if the cable that connects the monitor and the graphics card is connected properly.
I dont think there is a problem with the graphics card.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

See if the cable that connects the monitor and the graphics card is connected properly.
I dont think there is a problem with the graphics card.

No dude..if thats the reason then the problem wont come only with video but then would have come with everything...

Just no i played some old movies and it was playing fine.. seems like the graphics card doesnot support some video format.. :(

One of the videos which is not playing is of type .mkv(some DivX videos also but i have klite codics installed). without the graphic card its playing fine..

anispace

dattebayo
try updating the forceware drivers if u havnt. I had a similar problem on my geforce 8400gs and updating the drivers solved it.

and VLC can play .MKV format

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

try updating the forceware drivers if u havnt. I had a similar problem on my geforce 8400gs and updating the drivers solved it.

and VLC can play .MKV format

^^^
*www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Guys lots and lots and lots of thanks.. after the update its working fine.. YAHOO! Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom