Help required upgrading 845GBV based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4jpp

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I have Intel P4 1.6 GHz CPU, Original Intel 845GBV motherboard, 128MB DDR 266 RAM, LG CD Writer.

It slows down often when I am using Eclipse 3 or playing some games and running other applications.

To speed it up I am thinking of upgrading RAM to 512MB/1GB and also CPU to P4-2.4 GHz or higher (max. supported by the motherboard). One of the vendors suggested that upgrading RAM will sure boost the performance. But, upgrading CPU will affect only 2-3 % on speed. So, no need to spent money upgrading CPU. And if you really want to upgrade the CPU then it will be better to go for latest Intel CPU with HT technology and related new motherboard. I need some help on this and advice that should I upgrade both (RAM and CPU) without changing my current motherboard or should I upgrade only RAM.

Also I am thinking of buying a DVD-ROM drive as I already have a CD-Writer. Which one will be batter in your opinion?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey dude i think you should upgrade your mobo rather than your cpu as your mobo is outdated now ... i suggest you go for the following

Asus P4P800-VM mobo (choosing this as it has onboard 32mb shared video)
Kingston/Corsair/Zion 256*2 PC 3200 DDR RAM

and keep your old CPU 1.6 Ghz is decent enough and dont go for more clockspeed as it does not show actual perfomance.

DVD-ROM - Liteon/Sony/Asus

Avoid LG and Samsung.

D

Deleted member 5901

change to i865 and increase RAM to 512mb ddr 400 !!! keep the processor for now and upgrade the processor after 6 months or so !!!!

like mohit said :-
DVD-ROM - Liteon/Sony/Asus

Avoid LG and Samsung.

Cheerz !!!!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
keep both ur mobo nd procy for now if u want to save money.Then buy extra ram.It surely will help
Anyway if u want to buy a new board go for i875 pbz
But if u prefer onboard gfx then i865 is ur best bet coz i875 dont have any

Buy Liteon or lg or Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom