help required in buying new cans.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhruv mairal

Right off the assembly line
a dear friend of mine is going to visit his brother in the US next month......

i thought this would be a good opportunity to source some good cans at dirt cheap prices.....

well i'm no audiophile, and am looking for the best bang for the buck. i did some research and have zeroed on the sennheiser HD201, as i can get it for a mere 25$(~1000 bucks) from ebay. is it a good choice?? are there any better options in the same price range(rs. 1000 to 1500)?

cheers!
dhruv.

PS: i was also searching for some in-ear phones to pair up with my shuffle. i'd zeroed on the sen. cx-300, but i later found out that its the same as the creative ep-630! is this true?

PPS: i'm also thinking of sourcing the koss ksc75.....is it a good choice?

Hello!
Let me help you out and truncate your dissapointment buddy (I use a lot of Orcale@work hehe)

Well, I recommend the Grado SR60. Ask your bro to get it from the US...

*www.gradolabs.com/

Nothing will ever come close to that...

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If you just said headphones you'd make more sense and get more replies. I had to search for sennheiser HD201 to understand what you were talking about. Cans?????

moshel

Padawan
+1 to for the grados!!!!

btw if u want in-ears.. then for a $100 im gonna myself get the etymotic er6 or the etymotic er6i. other options available are the Westone UM1, Shure SE110 and ultimate ears super fi. 3. out of all this i chose the etymotics because they provide a much natural and flatter sound. the shures in this list are a little bass heavy.

between the etymotic er6 and er6i the difference is that the er6i have a enhanced bass to them. soo just read the review and check out the forums and reviews at www.head-fi.org.

if u want to go for a sub $50 pair. then there is no doubt that the V-moda bass freq. are the ones u HAVE to get. As the name suggests, they are a bit heavy on bass (i have myself heard them). the clarity and sound is really good especially at the pricepoint of $40. but i finally didnt go for it cos i dunt like bass heavy sound.

hope the above helps

moshel

shailuwap

Right off the assembly line
i bought koss ksc-75 and senn hd201 last yr from amazon.com
both are really good...but the koss is more livelier and has more bass. Only con is that its a bit uncomfortable if u were it for hours at end.
Im starting to like my senn hd201 more nowadays.
If u cant get both atleast go for ksc-75, u simply cant go wrong with the value for money it offers.
Im no audiophile and moreover i havent tried the grado series, So cant comment on them.
ksc-75 is a must have. wheter to go for hd201 or grado... try asking in www.head-fi.org you'll find more replies and more info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom