Help required for RAM upgrade

dixit8611

Journeyman
Hello everyone,
I have two 1GB DDR2 RAM of Kingston running on 667 MHZ with timing 5 5 5 15. Can i install a new 2GB stick of Corsair DDR2 800 MHZ with 5 5 5 18 timing with the old Kingston RAM ?
Here is the screen short of Timings of my RAM.Please reply soon as i am upgrading my computer very soon.
View attachment 3485

View attachment 3486

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You could. Just that all the sticks in conjunction will run at the lowest speed out of the two.

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
It means no blue screen, no system failure nothing ? Just i will get 4 GB DDR2 RAM running at 667 MHZ with 5 5 5 15 timing. IS it correct ?

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
better get 2x2 corsair dual channel memory that will be much faster
or get another 1gb exactly same kingston ram to set up dual channel

OP
D

dixit8611

Journeyman
It means no blue screen, no system failure nothing ? Just i will get 4 GB DDR2 RAM running at 667 MHZ with 5 5 5 15 timing. IS it correct ?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

better get 2x2 corsair dual channel memory that will be much faster
or get another 1gb exactly same kingston ram to set up dual channel
Will it perform in real world ? I mean most of the faster RAMs perform FASTER when tested by various benchmarking software, the performance difference is too low to be observable in real world ( I am not talking about softwares which really require big GB'S )
I want to use my computer entirely for gaming and other basic uses like browsing, music, watching movies. No video editing and no other heavy softwares.

Top Bottom