Help: rca to s-video: no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
m tryin 2 connect my hp pavilion laptop to tv using rca-svideo cable...i get a very indecent picture on tv somtimes turning black(although dvd n videos play fine enuf) and no sound from tv but it comes from my laptop itself...

the cable has all three connectors (red, black n yellow) for sterio sound n a video(yellow) n its connected to the appropriate ports in my television (samsung plano).....video mode is auto (pal)....

Enjoy~!

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@Kniwor: dude, m not talkin abt a vga to svideo cable but itsa rca to svideo which contains one rca connector(looks like ps2 pin) plugged into laptop which sends both audio n video reception...(ps: not plugging to vga port)....n other end has a video(yelllow) and audio-steriophonic(white n red) plugs...totalling 3 for both.....

so i dun think i need 2 plug streriophonic audio jacks seperately unless i use vga port for my tv display...

@freshseasons: hi is this vipin? if yes hope u rem we met in ngp may b long time back....hws lyf?

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
speedyguy said:
@Kniwor: dude, m not talkin abt a vga to svideo cable but itsa rca to svideo which contains one rca connector(looks like ps2 pin) plugged into laptop which sends both audio n video reception...(ps: not plugging to vga port)....n other end has a video(yelllow) and audio-steriophonic(white n red) plugs...totalling 3 for both.....

so i dun think i need 2 plug streriophonic audio jacks seperately unless i use vga port for my tv display...

@freshseasons: hi is this vipin? if yes hope u rem we met in ngp may b long time back....hws lyf?

Enjoy~!

lol..

Ok dude, firstly u 'are' talking about S-Video to RCA Composite.
This is an S-Video port, in ur laptop... that u are using...
*i7.tinypic.com/52vjkg3.jpg
and the yellow video cable u are talking about it RCA Composite, u probably have something like this
*i16.tinypic.com/4qy1jcy.jpg
In this case, the S-Video ONLY carries video dude, the VGA is nowhere in the scene, I've my PC connected to my television, and works great. This will NOT work, you will need to separately connect the audio out of ur lappy to ur TV. And I would also suggest u to use the S-Video input in ur TV if there is one, instead of RCA composite, If there's no S-video, use the RGB component input, get an S-Video to RGB cable, the RCA composite will have a low quality.

Last edited:
OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@kniwor: well apologisations for that confusion...i figd it out...that one i guess is a 4 pin n i hv a 7 pin newez makes no diff here...plus the issue is over....suddenly the video aswell stopped responding....i dun think my tv (samsung plano) has svideo input...can try wit rgb if i get one in market...

regarding video i dunno wat heck happened suddenly it stopped responding to any signal..the lappy boots up in normal screen even wen connected...alt-f4 works showin the video change but thrs nuttin popping up on television..earlier also video was monochrome or glitchi colored....

apart from display settings n alt-F4 is thr any other s/w or h/w setting i can play with to get my vdo back on tv...i have a vista.

for sound...that is certainly not an issue...so far

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
yeah 7-pin/4-pin is no difference, as I said earlier, as ur television does not have S-Video input, you can try to get a S-Video to RGB output cable, they are easy to find, and use them with ur television, most televisions support RGB input, just check that. S-Video to RGB composite is not a good choice, If at all u decide on going this route, u will need a good quality converter, the S-Video to RCA composite circuit is trivial, but little complications, and the local cables wont do the job.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well thats not d point so far as m primarily concerned wit the current one whr m not gettin any response on screen.....i press alt f4 the symbol denoting screen transfer pops up lappy but nuttin on tv...it worked 1st time but suddenly next day went off....iv checked display device settings

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom