Help:PC Red LED alone glows.. Green LED doesn't glow!No display!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi :):)

Two days back... I made my pc to scan... and went out!! When i returned i saw only red led in my cpu alone glowing and no display too!! Even after so many times i switched off and ON.... But the same thing repeats!! :(
My Processor fan is running too... heat sink of both processor and GPU(think) also gets heated up!!

My friend told me he get similar problem wen his pc was on for several hours.. while converting movies,.... for this he will take the RAM and reinsert.. then his problem will be solved!!

The same thing i did but doesn't work....:(

Help me little Urgent!
Sorry no time.. typed :( quickly!!!

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey, this mostly occurs due to a the power connector of ur hard disk becoming loose or disconnected...
so check all your power connectors and then try booting the PC, i guess it should work... btw, leaving the pc on or doing heavy work doesnt affect the green LED...the green LED signals the power being received..
hope it helps

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Remove the power to the HD and try booting. If it boots up normally, then you have problem either with the power supply (probably a loose conn.) or you HD (chances).

utsav

damn busy...
the same thing occured to me when there was very low voltage in the mains.when the voltage returned to normal then my pc also booted

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thanks for replies.. :):)
@utsav: No voltage here
@topcybrog & lywyre: Will try this and post sooooon....

Just now tried.....
the same thing happens.... now also after removing power cable to HDD!! :(

In the mean time i observed the small heat sink other than processor in the motherboard gets heated up very quickly.. in a minute.. Is that normal??
And the thing i am telling is GPU's Heat sink??

My Motherboard is Intel 865GV chipset one... from ASROCK! bought from Zenith :(:(:D:D

Waiting for repliesssss....

Last edited:

adityaksharma

Broken In
i have a smiliar problem the catch being tht ui checked the hardware voltages in my bios they are a little higher than normal.. as in the one tht shud b 12 is 12.187 the one tht shud b 3.3 is 3.4 and it sometimes boots up normally and runs fine for hours and at other times just wont boot or will hang within 5 mins of booting.. i tried the ram thing... doesnt work i think my ram had gone.. tried all 4 slot for each of the 2 rams.. it wont work.. now m just trying to find out what part of my hardware has gone bad.. ne1 with ne bright ideas?? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom