HELP!! PC not booting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffuser911

Broken In
Hi Fellas,

I bought a AMD 4800+ and ASUS M2A-VM from the Bazaar section last week. Upon delivery, I connected the rig, pairing it with a Zion DDR2 800 Mhz. The system fails to start, even the CPU fan is not roatating when system is booted. However, when the CPU is removed from the socket, the fan starts moving.

Can someone please point out what might be the problem? The pair is hardly 3.5 months old, and bought online based on trust. This problem was never expected to happen, so please advice.

diffuser911

Bump!!

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi Fellas,

I bought a AMD 4800+ and ASUS M2A-VM from the Bazaar section last week. Upon delivery, I connected the rig, pairing it with a Zion DDR2 800 Mhz. The system fails to start, even the CPU fan is not roatating when system is booted. However, when the CPU is removed from the socket, the fan starts moving.

Can someone please point out what might be the problem? The pair is hardly 3.5 months old, and bought online based on trust. This problem was never expected to happen, so please advice.

diffuser911

Bump!!

Thats looking weird... Huh... Just replace the CPU with some old proccy and see whats up.. If that works fine, the pbm lies with ur CPU... IF not then pb lies with ur Mobo... Just send it to RMA... ASUS RMA was better....

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
Thanks raj...the local retailer has already sent the board through RPTech to Mumbai for repairs. I am biting my nails as of now, coz if the costs are heavy, I may end up paying the same amount as for a new procy+mobo combi.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Dont worry buddy... The RMA Part goes smooth and hope they give u a new board as replacement... And why u pay for that? Isn't in the warranty period?

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
Hey raj, I just hope that there are no issues with the warranty and all, because I had faced the same prob with my Intel 865, so pretty much worried about it. The payment, I think, will be extorted by the local dealers here, since I got another dealer involved by not going directly to Rashi Peripherals.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dont worry i sent my mobo also to rptech for replacement. they give u new products and not refurbs so u shud be fine . dont worry if its in the warranty then its free of cost . u just need to worr about it working or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom