help on building a gaming PC.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Yeah, You Are ready for one serious piece of hardware setup and some really awesome Gaming :D Just keep few beers handy or RedBulls if you don't drink beer ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dude. go for dell 248WFP for 21k.

Get ATI HD4870 from a good dealer for 16k (save 4k)
Get internal sony dvd burner for 1.3k (save 2.7k)

Put the 6k-7k amount saved into display and you will get 24" display which is FullHD.

Trust me, it's a mistake not to go for FullHD at 85k budget.

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
Yeah, You Are ready for one serious piece of hardware setup and some really awesome Gaming :D Just keep few beers handy or RedBulls if you don't drink beer ;)

lol......thx bro.....for all the patient help:D

Dude. go for dell 248WFP for 21k.

Get ATI HD4870 from a good dealer for 16k (save 4k)
Get internal sony dvd burner for 1.3k (save 2.7k)

Put the 6k-7k amount saved into display and you will get 24" display which is FullHD.

Trust me, it's a mistake not to go for FullHD at 85k budget.

ya i was just thinking abt that.........will def consider that suggestion..thx mate

Last edited:
OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
ok ppl here i go for the final time...

Processor: Core 2 Duo E840 -Rs.8500/-
MOBo: Asus Maximus Formula -Rs.15000/-
Gfx Card: 512 MB ATI 4870-Rs.20000/-
Monitor: 22" Dell-Rs.15000/-
RAM: Corsair 2X2 GB C5800-Rs.5500/-
Speakers:Logitech X540-Rs.5000/-
Keyboard: MicroSoft 1000 Curve-Rs.800/-
Mouse: Logitech MX518-Rs.1200/-
Optical Drive: Sony DVD Dual Layer Burner-Rs.4000/-
Cabinet:Zebrinic Antibiotic or Antec Ninehundred 900-Rs.6500/-
PSU: CoolerMaster 650W-Rs.5000/-
Colling Fan: Cooler Master Hyper TX2-Rs.2000/-( Not sure if i really need this cuz the 900 cabinet by default has two 120mm fans i guess)

this rig is gonna cost me around Rs.85000 but im ready......:D

went to CTC(comp peripherals complex in hyd) today and checked with 4-5 stores most of them said that ive to place an order for the above config

Processor- is 8500/-
Motherboard ive opted for x48 series in which the basic model(asus) is around 16500/-
4870- Rs.20000/-
Monitor ive settled for 22' dell- 17500/-
Ram- 5000/-
Speakers -ALansing 4000/-
Keyboard opted an ordinary Rs.800/- model
Mouse-Cudnt find Logitec MX518 in any store.
op drive-1200/-
Cabinet....the big problem.....none of them heard abt either Antec 900 or NZXT Zero...so finally decided on Coller Master 690( guys ur thots on this)
PSU Cors air 620 W SMPS-Rs.6000/-

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
As I had suggested it earlier, Cooler Master 690 is a great cabinet, Certified for SLi. PSU is OK too but I think in case of GPU they are robbing you in plain daylight and please specify the MoBo too. I think refer to some site before finalizing to the Config with those dealers. You can get better price if you can manage to make a trip to Chennai and check out the IT Depot there. Refer to sites like TheITWares , PriceGuru
etc for clarity on prices of products.

toofan

Technomancer
Why to go for such a expensive motherboard. Find some less expensive one and then add that saved amount on the processor(Although processor sufficient).:p

Only a suggestion. Because i don't find costlier mobos a necessity.

If looking for Over clocking. I don't think that with that processor you will be needing over clocking. The present power of the processor is much more then needed by any application or game. So save money dear.

Same way you can save money in the Cabinet also.

The saved money can be used to buy original softwares, games etc.

Keep the cost of softwares also in mind. Because the original softwares can cost you a lot more then you expect.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
dude..u can try at rashi pheripherals...its very near to ctc..opposite kamath hotel....go to that place and ask someone for the exact location....gud luck...

OP
K

ksrao_74

Broken In
As I had suggested it earlier, Cooler Master 690 is a great cabinet, Certified for SLi. PSU is OK too but I think in case of GPU they are robbing you in plain daylight and please specify the MoBo too. I think refer to some site before finalizing to the Config with those dealers. You can get better price if you can manage to make a trip to Chennai and check out the IT Depot there. Refer to sites like TheITWares , PriceGuru
etc for clarity on prices of products.

reg mobo one of them suggested 3 variants in X48 series
1. Asus P5e-Delux----Rs.16500
2.Asus P5E3 Premium
3.Asus Rampage Formula

and coming to 4870 almost all the 4 stores that ive checked are charging between Rs.19500-Rs.21000/-:mad:. and me coming down to chennai for this purpose aint feasible i guess..cuz the money ill be saving in chennai will be spent for my train fares ......:D

Why to go for such a expensive motherboard. Find some less expensive one and then add that saved amount on the processor(Although processor sufficient).:p

Only a suggestion. Because i don't find costlier mobos a necessity.

If looking for Over clocking. I don't think that with that processor you will be needing over clocking. The present power of the processor is much more then needed by any application or game. So save money dear.

Same way you can save money in the Cabinet also.

The saved money can be used to buy original softwares, games etc.

Keep the cost of softwares also in mind. Because the original softwares can cost you a lot more then you expect.

yup......ive no intention to go far any other processor other than E8400....and ur suggestion reg the softwares...ill def try verrry hard to follow;):D.thx dude

dude..u can try at rashi pheripherals...its very near to ctc..opposite kamath hotel....go to that place and ask someone for the exact location....gud luck...

yuppu....ivvala pothaa gaa shop ki...btw nee comp entha varaku vachindi????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom