[HELP] Not Happy With The performance of PC

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Hi,
you guys helped me buid this rig *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/169903-help-pc-config-budget-40k.html
but it's not performing up to the mark like i expected. );
rendering takes ages, working in AE is smooth but rendering and BSOD's now and then while rendering.

have 1TB 1 drive with 2 partitions C for OS and D For software installation files which occupied 750GB can't move that so using some of C drive space.
c drive have around 7GB left and D have 12GB.
8GB RAM 2GB GFX Card. same PSU );

softwares are genuine copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (MSDN Key), AE pirated CS6, Edius pirated but had to pay for it.
and bunch of other utilities like format factory, winiso, 7zip,winrar.

so where do i begin to make this machine to perform not best but at least good.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
^yeah going to get 1TB drive and do fresh install with new partitions.

i have downloaded and run the that utility. then clicked on start logging then started after effects and did a demo video render of 40 seconds once the rendering was done i click stopped and saved the .csv file which is attached here. please let me know if it's ok or not. i did not get any BSOD's this time. i will do some heavy rendering today evening and check the same way and get back with .csv file. i know how to troubleshoot BSOD :lol: but i'm sure even after i solve BSOD system performance will not increase.

*www.dropbox.com/s/e4u1jf8vmn8l9ss/111.csv

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If you have only 7GB free space in C, it may be the reason (or one of the reasons). You may not have enough space for the system swap file which could be upto 12GB (you RAM * 1.5). Try to keep you system partition (C) as clean as possible.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
values seem fine but to be sure a comparison with values while doing heavy rendering is needed.also just to be sure check your ram by running memtest.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
memtest just takes to much time i tried like 25+ times );
many times power went off and didn't finish the process.
i will give it a another go today.

as i said complete format is on it's way soon.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
another csv file while rendering a project which was giving me BSOD's but this time it didn't
*www.dropbox.com/s/i2dtn9t5iyoemmz/501.CSV

formatting whole thing is next problem is backup right now i need a 1TB drive to do that. have over 850+GB data which i can't even modify and stuff so will take some time like 2-3 days.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GPU is not even utilized in this test.maximum it reached was 28% for a short time(hence the lower temps).maybe that's why you didn't get any BSOD this time.max cpu usage too was ~67% & cpu temp always below 60C.anyway i hope you were using some good & regularly updated AV all this time.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
can't use AV it will remove the projects setup files. =/ though i have quickheal which soon will be removed. i need to keep one av as regular copying pasting from external cards and hdd.

thats what i'm working on right now how to utilize GPU for rendering.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
quickheal is the worst AV you can get.even avira free & avast free are much better.also i don't know about any AV that will remove harmless setup files but some AVs do remove cracks etc(but not all like norton is very rigid but avast & kaspersky are not).test it with their trial setup on another system.in any case even if AV detects some desired file as harmful there is always the option of excluding that file by adding it as an exception(by default many AVs automatically delete though & norton doesn't give a choice even in settings).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
a suggestion.use macrium reflect free or paragon backup free to make a image of your C drive from their bootable rescue cd just after installing windows,updates & drivers(make sure you don't access net for anything else except using windows update).don't install anything.don't even double click to open any drive/pendrive/folder just use left side explorer tree options to open a drive/pendrive/folder.also test image is working by restoring it after making it again by using bootable cd.you can create bootable cd by installing on another system(preferably with a good updated AV not quickheal).

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Yes, thanks for that i have downloaded it. i was already going to do this by using some utility found in recent Freeware Programs thread. it creates VHD of your selected Drive and i tried it already and really liked it, you can use that VHD in Virtual Box. :)

Top Bottom