Help, no internet. but it says im connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

azamat51

Right off the assembly line
Hello, i have posted once before with no response hopefully someone can help fix this. i have no internet but it says im connected, it says it is not receiving packets. sometimes it works fine but randomly loses connection and stops receiving packets for long periods of time. i have tried ipconfig /release and /renew but it says cannot contact DHCP server, i have tried /flushdns to.
i am not using any wireless or routers. just your basic modem.

When it first started i got these DCOM exploit and LSASS exploit attacks from avast. i installed Zonealarm and the warnings went away, but i still lose internet.
I think it may be a virus because i keep getting active desktop recover warnings and my volume control was deleted, but spybot, zonealarm, and avast scans come up clean.
i ran trojanhunter and deleted 1 thing but it didnt help any.

Help, Please :(

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Is your DNS server set properly?
Can you access the intranet site(where you check your usage and billing) ?

OP
A

azamat51

my internet looks like it is connected at the moment, but it usually doesnt last more then a couple hours. yes my dns is set

swatkat

Technomancer
Can you scan your system with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware? It is a free and good anti-malware tool.
*www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

OP
A

azamat51

i will do that now while i still have the net

No threats detected.

Last edited:
OP
A

azamat51

any ideas?? for some reason my internet stops working around 12 everyday and comes back around 9-10. or so it has for the last 3 days

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I had faced the similar problem with my BSNL broadband connection,
but after some hours, it rectified automatically.. but i dont know the exact reasons for that problem..

OP
A

azamat51

i contacted shaw already, they even sent out a tech guy who fiddled with the wires on my house and it helped for a while but then it happenned again. if i cant solve the internet problem is there at least a way i can get my desktop back? i press recover my desktop and it does but its gone when i restart. i may just reinstall windows again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom