Help..New PC around 50K

OP
A

akil49

Broken In
Hi I can't find Corsair TX650M 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU CP-9020132-UK in Locally, I don't want to buy from online.. can please suggest me any other gold certified PSU ? Thanks

OP
A

akil49

Broken In
Actually I don't want to take any risk ..So I need everything good for pc..I can spend 5k more..I want good pc..Need advice..Tha ks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CX650M is not a good psu,if TXM/CX650 is not available then better get this:
ANTEC EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W SMPS - 550 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Semi Modular PSU
Not suggesting 650w model because that cost just a bit less than TX650M so no point getting that instead of TX650M.

quicky008

Technomancer
^I was actually on the verge of recommending the cx 650m to a friend,i was under the impression that its quality was acceptable for an entry level psu.

Does the cx 650m (and other models in corsair's CX lineup)have any known issues?Also is seasonic the OEM partner for the aforesaid antec psu?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The old CX650M model was not good(just search in forum) & unless this is some newly launched version with better quality(again no confirmation for this) it is better to stay away from CXM series. I am not sure about antec unit but @chimera201 said that earthwatt gold series quality should be equivalent to corsair latest CXx5x series.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
The latest Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro is equivalent to Corsair's TXM series in terms of quality. Both have 7yrs warranty, old EAG Pro had 3. The warranty check should avoid all confusion with the old models. The new CX models have 5 yrs warranty the old ones had 3.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The latest Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro is equivalent to Corsair's TXM series in terms of quality. Both have 7yrs warranty, old EAG Pro had 3. The warranty check should avoid all confusion with the old models. The new CX models have 5 yrs warranty the old ones had 3.
Are you saying this one is now worth recommending as page says 5 years warranty:
CORSAIR CX650M SMPS - 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certification Semi Modular PSU With Active PFC

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Are you saying this one is now worth recommending as page says 5 years warranty:
CORSAIR CX650M SMPS - 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certification Semi Modular PSU With Active PFC

It is the new one yes:
Corsair CX650M PSU Verdict - Tom's Hardware

But I would recommend this one:
ANTEC EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W SMPS - 550 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Semi Modular PSU

quicky008

Technomancer
The newer grey label CX series power supplies are supposed to be better than their orange/green labelled predecessors(which were roughly equivalent to the VS series in terms of quality).I've seen some shifty shopowners trying to convince many unsuspecting buyers to buy older cx series psus by touting them as some of the "best" and the most "reliable" power supplies ever made-and those blokes fell for it as they were not very well informed.

I too had bought a CX 450 earlier this year for one of my computers but faced issues with its output on the 12v rail -it was dipping below 12v frequently in many situations,which was alarming.I made a thread about this issue on TDF.The unit was most likely defective but rather than sending it for rma i sold it off and got a txm 550.

Its quite possible that the CX series psus are not as good as we've been led to believe-therefore it may be prudent to stick to other brands/products as whitestar_999 has suggested.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually I also bought a CX550 recently & found no issues with it(latest white label). However now almost all places are out of these latest CX450/550/650/750 models(CX450/550 have completely disappeared from online sites). TX550M is also rarely available & now it seems TX650M is going the same way of disappearing from sites.

OP
A

akil49

Broken In
Can I go with this if I find here locally ?

OP
A

akil49

Broken In
Rig to buy ..
i5-8400@17300+
Z370@10000+
Corsair 8GB 2400MAH@4950+
2GB 710 GRAPHICS CARD@2600+
Cab Cooler Master 311@2600+
1TB WD SATA@2700+
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5″ 250GB SATA SSD MZ-76E250BW@4650+