Help needed with P5B Deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
I just bought my new rig, and I'm having problems off the bat with my motherboard. The two things I need help with right now are these :

1. I get a "Detect drives done, no any drive found" error. (Look here to see exactly what I mean : *www.andytaro.com/images/load1.jpg). I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, but the more pressing issue is...

2. My BIOS does not recognize my Liteon DVDRW. Because of this, I can't set it as a boot device, and I can't do anything with it. My hard drives are both empty.

Any suggestions?

assasin

Banned
did ya try to connect ur dvd-rw witha diff ide cable?did u check that the J-micron controller is enabled from BIOS?also try with a diff power connector molex.

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
I think the power connector is fine, because the tray ejects properly. Under 'Onboard devices', it says it's using a J-Micron SATA/PATA Controller, so I guess that would be it. I'll try a different IDE cable though. I'm just wondering whether it's a hardware problem, or a bios problem.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
1'st of all Lite On sucks .. Note this in mind .... Lite on sucks .. Try flashing the BIOS my friend has some problem when I flashed the BIOS problem gonbe... Note again never buy LITE on :::::::::::::::::X

OP
Sykora

Sykora

I see right through you.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Shashwat Pant. You should have told me that a week ago.

Anyway, it works now. Turns out it was a faulty IDE cable.

Anindya

In the zone
assasin said:
did ya try to connect ur dvd-rw witha diff ide cable?did u check that the J-micron controller is enabled from BIOS?also try with a diff power connector molex.

What`s this J-micron? Plz let me know.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Anindya said:
What`s this J-micron? Plz let me know.

Since ICH8 [that is the Southbridge for Intel P965 series chipsets] removed native PATA support altogether.it was stupidity for mobo makers not the give PATA ports on their mobos as people are still using PATA devices.Hence mobo makers installed third party IDE controllers on their boards.In case of Asus P5B Deluxe and Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, Asus used IDE controller made by 'Jmicron' which supported 1 IDE channel and 2 SATA Ports IIRC.

Hope that clarifies your doubt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom