help needed ,suggest a hdd ,ram, thermal paste

Uchihamadara

Broken In
Hello everyone,

I need a replacement hdd 1 tb 5400rpm for mylaptop that is hp dv6 6165tx please recommend one which would be compatible and i dont want to purchase a shdd becasue of low budget

also i require a 8 gb ddr3 1333mhz ram,original hp one doesnt work anymore , i already have one stick which is corsair 4 gb ddr3 1333mhz,but now its very expensive to get one ,
i saw a stick Transcend 8GB DDR3 1333 Laptop RAM for 3200 inr,will it work fine with the corsair one

and also recommend a thermal paste good one

if the ram is not good than recommend a 4 gb ram which is good but not very expensive

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Here are a few HDD to consider:
WD 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (WD10JPVT/WD10JPVX) - WD : Flipkart.com

Hitachi Travelstar 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (1TB 5400 rpm) - Hitachi : Flipkart.com

For RAM to work, it really comes down to whether the timings are same or not. On my own Laptop(HP Probook 4440s, I use 2 different RAM brands & each stick is 4GB 1333MHz). Just ensure the timings are same and they should work fine.
Can you post the link to which transcend stick you were considering to buy?

OP
Uchihamadara

Uchihamadara

Broken In
Here are a few HDD to consider:
WD 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (WD10JPVT/WD10JPVX) - WD : Flipkart.com

Hitachi Travelstar 1 TB Laptop Internal Hard Drive (1TB 5400 rpm) - Hitachi : Flipkart.com

For RAM to work, it really comes down to whether the timings are same or not. On my own Laptop(HP Probook 4440s, I use 2 different RAM brands & each stick is 4GB 1333MHz). Just ensure the timings are same and they should work fine.
Can you post the link to which transcend stick you were considering to buy?

*www.amazon.in/Transcend-8GB-DDR3-1333-Laptop/dp/B007ZYFPMW

this is the ram i am considering

and i already have corsair value select 4 gb ddr3 1333mhz CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9

and the drives you suggested which one is better?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=304362]Uchihamadara[/MENTION] Go for the Western Digital drive as I feel their after sales is one of the better out there. Regarding the RAM, the product page don't mention timings :( Seems you have to test it to find it out. I guess returning should be possible if your item doesn't work?

Also, regarding thermal paste; Something like this should work fine: Amazon.in: Buy Cooler Master IC Value V1 Thermal Compound Online at Low Prices in India | Cooler Master Reviews & Ratings

OP
Uchihamadara

Uchihamadara

Broken In
[MENTION=304362]Uchihamadara[/MENTION] Go for the Western Digital drive as I feel their after sales is one of the better out there. Regarding the RAM, the product page don't mention timings :( Seems you have to test it to find it out. I guess returning should be possible if your item doesn't work?

Also, regarding thermal paste; Something like this should work fine: Amazon.in: Buy Cooler Master IC Value V1 Thermal Compound Online at Low Prices in India | Cooler Master Reviews & Ratings

about this ?
Transcend JetRam DDR3 8 GB Laptop DRAM (JM1333KSH-8G) - Transcend : Flipkart.com

or suggest one under 3300 inr and reviews of the thermal compound were not that good

Pastes: Cooler Master - Thermal Paste Comparison, Part Two: 39 Products Get Tested

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=304362]Uchihamadara[/MENTION] So I found the product page for your present RAM on FK & it seems the Transcend RAM has infact different timings(and might run into issues).

Wasn't able to find RAM with timings 9-9-9 in your budget other then this: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB Laptop DRAM (KVR1333D3S9/ KVR13S9S8/4) - Kingston : Flipkart.com

anky

Youngling
Cooler Master IC Value V1 is good enough for laptops..i am using that one only, and i am not facing any problems

Top Bottom