Help needed in buying a laptop @65k.(Details Given)

dheerajpant

Journeyman
1) What is your budget?

Around Indian Rs. 60,000-65k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming this the main motive ;) ,the secondary purposes' are watching movies, listening music and programming

5) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

All latest games and some old that i haven't played(infamous, prototype, CoD:MF2 , just cause 2 ,dead rising 2 etc.)

6) How many hours of battery life do you need?

Dosen't matters much but should be at least 2 hrs.

7) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Windows 7

8) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?

Somewhat, i will go for a powerful machine if it is not that attractive compared to others.

9) When are you buying this laptop?

I have planned to buy this month :D (but you never know what happens next)

10) How long do you want this laptop to last?

It should be able to play games that are released in about a year or two.

Notebook Components

11) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?

atleast 500

12) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?

Yes i need optical drive CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner, Blue-Ray is not that imp(it costs a lot)

I have customized a Dell XPS 15 model it costs around(65k) the specs are :

Base XPS L501X
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-740QM Processor (1.73GHz, 4Core/8Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 6M cache)
Memory 4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 2G) (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i5 processors)
Keyboard Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
Video Card 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M graphics with Bluetooth
Hard Drive 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
CD ROM/DVD ROM Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance 1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover
Wireless Network Card Intel WiFi Link 6200 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card
Dell Services: Remarks Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date
Primary Battery 6 Cell Primary Battery
Carrying Cases Targus Meridian Backpack
Display : HD display 15.6 HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
Power Options 130W AC Adapter
Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service 1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
Microsoft Operating System Media Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) DVD Media

Finally I would like to mention that the laptop should be robust and the After Sales Service should be good.

Please mention any model that you think will meet my requirements.

Thank you.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Your customised Dell XPS15 looks very good in this price range... Backlit keyboard is awesome :)

There are other laptops from lenovo(Y560) and HP(Dv6).
The y560 has slightly better GPU than yours (but I doubt it as you have stated 2GB version of 435) but 500GB HDD with 5400 rpm.
And dv6 slower gpu then yours.
So your configuration seems to be the best... :-D

PS: are you sure its i7-740 (or its i7-720), if it is then your CPU might be better than those two...

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Your customised Dell XPS15 looks very good in this price range... Backlit keyboard is awesome :)

There are other laptops from lenovo(Y560) and HP(Dv6).
The y560 has slightly better GPU than yours (but I doubt it as you have stated 2GB version of 435) but 500GB HDD with 5400 rpm.
And dv6 slower gpu then yours.
So your configuration seems to be the best... :-D

PS: are you sure its i7-740 (or its i7-720), if it is then your CPU might be better than those two...

Thankx NainO,
The lenovo one has got some problems in the screen so don't want to risk it
And none of the HP has any better GPU than 5650 :( , that's why I thought of Dell.
MSI ans ASUS has very decent laptops but the problem is that I am not able to get much information about their price :(.
And do you of any laptop form ASUS or MSI that I can buy in my range.
And the 435M was designed to compete with 5730 but what I have rad is that it is inferior and only slightly better than 5650??

And yes its i7-740(thats what it is written) only.

Thank you.

saliha

Broken In
Hi..

As you want to get a laptop within 60k,
you can go for sony which is powerful machine and attractive compared to others..

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hi..

As you want to get a laptop within 60k,
you can go for sony which is powerful machine and attractive compared to others..

True the Sony laptops are attractive, but they have underclocked 5650(to keep it cool), so its of not much use(in gaming), and I don't find much diff. in a 52k sony vs a 62k sony ;) .
Thankx

Top Bottom