Help needed in building my first PC

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those GSkill RAM are waste of money because of two reason
1)Anything above 2666 Mhz are all overclocked RAM you have to set RAM clock to 3200 Mhz through XMP profiles if you don't apply XMP profile they will run at 2666 Mhz
2)There is not huge performance difference between 2666MHz and 3200MHz in gaming
Even Ryzen 2xxx series supports 2933MHz ram by default & upcoming Ryzen 3xxx is supposed to support 3200MHz ram by default & upto even 5000Mhz when overclocked. Buying 2666MHz ram in today's time is a waste of money even for 1st gen Ryzen & is not recommended on any half decent tech site/forum.

Reactions: kaz
Looks like you use authentic copy only. ;) Because what you mentioned isn't true.
It runs perfectly fine even if everything is turned on. All my windows PCs are always up to date. The reason behind it is that Microsoft actually doesn't care much about their OS piracy as licensing people doesn't add much to their revenues.
Why Microsoft Is Giving Away Windows 10 To Pirates [Update]
*www.quora.com/Why-doesnt-Microsoft-take-action-on-the-millions-of-pirated-copies-of-Windows

There is a reason why Microsoft still lets anyone upgrade to Windows 10 for free from older pirated versions. Piracy makes the masses, specially in developing countries, to adapt their OS completely, which is a massive win for them in long run.
Since I use laptops nowadays, yes I use only genuine Windows.

During Win XP & Win7 days, pirated copies would fail for me after a few months or years. Not exactly convenient for my parents once I left for college. So I used to keep all updates turned off. I didn't know pirated copies are passing the test for Win10. I do know Microsoft doesn't care much about piracy in developing countries esp for personal usage. They are pushing institutes/organizations to buy their products, like in the US. They have even filed cases against organizations using pirated versions in India.

NVIDIA RTX Super Prices in India: RTX 2060S: ₹34,890, RTX 2070S: ₹43,600 , RTX 2080S: ₹61,400

@kaz 2060S at 35k, seems good choice. It should be faster than RX 5700 but inferior to RX5700 XT, still, wait for their reviews & prices.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
NVIDIA RTX Super Prices in India: RTX 2060S: ₹34,890, RTX 2070S: ₹43,600 , RTX 2080S: ₹61,400

@kaz 2060S at 35k, seems good choice. It should be faster than RX 5700 but inferior to RX5700 XT, still, wait for their reviews & prices.

Should I go with the FE card or wait for AIB? Who handles Nvidia's RMA in India and how many years of warranty they provide?

And, is it worth paying 9k extra for the 2070S?

Minion

Conversation Architect
The only reason I'm getting that LG monitor is because of the good colour gamut. I couldn't find any similar 2k display.

Can you please suggest any reliable site? I was considering this Windows 10 Professional - Reaper Shop @₹700

Get ThinkVision L27q-10
ThinkVision L27q-10 - 68cms QHD Monitor | Home | Lenovo India

Get it from here
Elementary FQC-8929 Windows 10 Pro Activation Card 64 bit - Elementary : Flipkart.com

Many people are buying it so I think its genuine

For RAM

Buy Online ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Red Edition RGB Memory AX4U300038G16-SR41 - in India

Last edited:
Should I go with the FE card or wait for AIB? Who handles Nvidia's RMA in India and how many years of warranty they provide?

And, is it worth paying 9k extra for the 2070S?
2070S is kind of worth it, but since you aren't a hardcore gamer, even 2060S is overkill for you.

Getting Zotac one would be nice as it has 5 years of warranty.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
2070S is kind of worth it, but since you aren't a hardcore gamer, even 2060S is overkill for you.

Getting Zotac one would be nice as it has 5 years of warranty.

Thank you for saving my monies :razz: I hope 1440p won't look bad on a 4k display.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No it wont, its perfectly good. get the 4k display anyway.. UK650 has HDR10 as well so you wont have to mess around with madvr like me.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get ThinkVision L27q-10
ThinkVision L27q-10 - 68cms QHD Monitor | Home | Lenovo India

Get it from here
Elementary FQC-8929 Windows 10 Pro Activation Card 64 bit - Elementary : Flipkart.com

Many people are buying it so I think its genuine

For RAM

Buy Online ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Red Edition RGB Memory AX4U300038G16-SR41 - in India
Even snapdeal is selling WIndows 10 keys for 800.
I think its better to buy from reddit or any of the forums.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Initial issues being reported for MSI Motherboards with beta bios to support Ryzen 3000

MSI Zen 2 BIOS disappeared from download section
Discussion
Hello. I have MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard and I'm eyeing Ryzen 3600 as a replacement to my Ryzen 2600. Last time I checked there was a beta BIOS available for that motherboard that supports Zen 2 CPUs but now it's gone. Does anyone knows what the heck is going on? I wanted to grab a new CPU on Monday but now I don't know what to do since the BIOS is gone:
Support For B350 TOMAHAWK | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Canada

I am a user of MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC. After updating This Beta BIOS My system would not boot. I know It's not an serious issue because my mobo support bios flashback feature. But, I am here to mention, released beta bios should need more polish before final release. Thanks

Without offense guys but you are a joke really. i buy msi gaming carbon pro X470. Board came with 7B78v26. i update to 7B78v28 and the bios have random freezes plus you disable pbo without even some release notes. On the next version 7B78v292(Beta version) you dont know what you talking about "new amd cpus". And now you release the magic "AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPU is now available" and you already see many users have problems specially with the gaming carbon pro board. Last time i buy msi general. i suggest you btw to check other manufacturers what is a real beta. You dont even test the bios on the boards you want to release...

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Guys any other suggestion for motherboard. I really like the MSI B450 Gaming Carbon AC but looks like MSI is not able to provide a stable bios for it. Also, MSI has modified the UI of the bios to make some space for CPU code so I'm not sure what all features they would be cutting down there, someone reported that he is not able to control water pump speed, there could be other issues as well. So, I want to avoid MSI B450/X470 boards.

Please suggest something, I'm planning to buy everything next week and I'm in no mood to delay the purchase. Final option will be an X570 board or 9700k with a Z390 mobo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this time going with X570 is recommended.Also,don't buy msi graphics card & stick to zotac/asus/nvidia's own nvidia cards.

Guys any other suggestion for motherboard. I really like the MSI B450 Gaming Carbon AC but looks like MSI is not able to provide a stable bios for it. Also, MSI has modified the UI of the bios to make some space for CPU code so I'm not sure what all features they would be cutting down there, someone reported that he is not able to control water pump speed, there could be other issues as well. So, I want to avoid MSI B450/X470 boards.

Please suggest something, I'm planning to buy everything next week and I'm in no mood to delay the purchase. Final option will be an X570 board or 9700k with a Z390 mobo.
Wait for a month rather than regretting later. Issues should be ironed out. For just gaming i7 would do, but as you already know R7 is much better at other tasks.

OP
kaz

kaz

right here
Looks like the issue with the B450/X470 and older mobos is the BIOS chip size which is 16MB, the X570 Boards are coming with a 32MB chip. This is the reason MSI had to strip down their BIOS to fit the new CPU code. There are rumours of MSI upgrading existing B450/X470 mobos with a 32MB chip.

I'm planning to go with either the Asus Prime X570-P or TUF X570-Plus priced at 15.5k and 16.9k respectively. TUF has 12+2 phase VRM whereas Prime has 8, both should be good enough for 3700X I suppose. But, Prime misses out on Q-Led (Asus's debugging LEDs) and USB Type-C ports. Is TUF worth the extra ₹1400?

Top Bottom