Help needed for a new monitor

YoungWolf

Right off the assembly line
Hi - I'll be building a new gaming rig based around the new pascal cards announced by Nvidia for next month and need a Monitor that can make use of these cards potential

1. Budget?
A: 40k - give or take 5k

2. Display type and size?
A: Atleast 23" but not a monster so less than 30"

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
A: Gaming, Watching Movies, Sports

4. Ports Required?
A: Nothing specifically. HDMI 1.4 I guess would be preferable

5. Preferred choice of brand?
A: Ideally - Dell, but can do with any known international brand

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
A: Not yet

7. Any other info that you want to share.
A: I know my budget is not big enough for 4K - tbh I'm not too much into getting 4K. I doubt even a gtx 1080 would be capable of running all games on ultra at 4k. So ideal resolution is 1440p but I want a high refresh rate of around 144hz. And that has been the main problem in my search - either I find 1440p but 60hz or 144hz @1080p.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi - I'll be building a new gaming rig based around the new pascal cards announced by Nvidia for next month and need a Monitor that can make use of these cards potential

1. Budget?
A: 40k - give or take 5k

2. Display type and size?
A: Atleast 23" but not a monster so less than 30"

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
A: Gaming, Watching Movies, Sports

4. Ports Required?
A: Nothing specifically. HDMI 1.4 I guess would be preferable

5. Preferred choice of brand?
A: Ideally - Dell, but can do with any known international brand

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
A: Not yet

7. Any other info that you want to share.
A: I know my budget is not big enough for 4K - tbh I'm not too much into getting 4K. I doubt even a gtx 1080 would be capable of running all games on ultra at 4k. So ideal resolution is 1440p but I want a high refresh rate of around 144hz. And that has been the main problem in my search - either I find 1440p but 60hz or 144hz @1080p.

I would suggest wait for HDR monitors resolution alone doesn't mean better clarity.
Have a look at this link to know what are HDR monitors
A Look At QD Vision's Color IQ And The Philips 276E6 Monitor: Quantum Dots for Wider Color Gamut

OP
Y

YoungWolf

Right off the assembly line
Any idea of when HDR monitors will come to India and at what price? I'll definitely give these a look.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Any idea of when HDR monitors will come to India and at what price? I'll definitely give these a look.

Don't know when they will launch it here but my suggestion is get a cheap one for now save rest for upgrading later.

Top Bottom