Help needed - desktop conked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntomer

Broken In
Hi,

Yesterday I got a cable broadband connection from Hathway. The installer laid the cable and installed a software (some 24Online client) on my desktop.

After that my desktop which runs Windows XP - SP2 began to reboot after running for 2-3 minutes. Once I got an error related to IP address, I couldn't read it completely since the machine again re-booted.

That was the last time machine booted. After that I tried booting it in Win XP - Safe Mode and in Kubuntu 6.0. But kept on hanging, and never booted.

I tried to boot it through Kubuntu DVD but that too didn't work, it hanged again. I tried re-installing Windows-XP; it starts well, but at a point when the installation says - "Starting Windows XP" it again hangs. I even tried after disabling the on-board LAN card, but even then the same problems.

Now I don't know what to do with my desktop, I am not able to even re-install any OS on it, and effectively it's useless now.

Gurus, help me out. Tell what can be the possible cause and what to do?

P.S. I installed the same software (24Online client) on my laptop running Windows Vista - Home Premium and it's working fine.

Cheers

Nitin

OP
N

ntomer

Broken In
abhra said:
You can try removing the cable & checking; may be some big problem with the cable itself.

Buddy, I have not only disconnected the cable but also disabled the on-board LAN, but no improvement.

\N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom