Help Monitor is turning off and on

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Do some troubleshoot first. Check your manual for troubleshooting. If it's still flickering, contact LG. If it's in warranty, this will either fix or replace. If it's not in warranty, ask them if it's fixable and how much they do charge.

OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
Tried out few things - with pc, with out pc, with surge protector, without protector. still same. Also tried to reset the display settings still no use.

Does anyone know how to change the following. I couldn't find the same in on screen display settings
Check if the screen is set to interlace mode and if yes, change it to the recommend
resolution

I bought this monitor on 10 Jun 2018. 3 years warranty finished yesterday. Bad luck

I am thinking of going to official service centre to get it checked tomorrow. or should I get it checked from a local technician?

Yesterday, there were a lot of power cuts at my place, could be this the issue?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Dell has diagnostics tool to check if there is any issue with the monitor. Check if LG has any such tool built in.

If Freesync is enabled, disable it.
Check this link

Contact LG, there are many companies extend their warranty by few months because of this pandemic. Call them, just don't tell it died after warranty.

quicky008

Technomancer
most likely a fault with the internal circuitry-first get it checked by an authorized LG technician,if he cannot solve the problem then you may contact some local technician to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

this is one of the most popular LG monitors on amazon in the sub 10k category-its really unfortunate that yours died so soon shortly after the expiration of warranty.May be the quality of monitors today isn't what they used to be in the past.

do keep us posted as to how this thing plays out.

OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
LG service engineer visited today ₹ 415 for checking.
he says panel is gone.

And it would cost around 7-8k for new panel.

I think it is better to buy a new monitor than to replace panel

I am buying a new monitor now.

Will check in weekend if I can get this repaired by local technician.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
Dont go for LG monitor again-its unfortunate that the panel on your monitor died only within 3 years.I'd advise sticking to Samsung as their monitors usually tend to last longer.

PS- did you use any UPS with your system or connected it directly with the AC mains?

OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
I didnot have any UPS.. Should have bought UPS. Dang it.

I connected using belkin surge protector

I am glad that nothing happened to my pc. Buying UPS this week and will buy monitor later

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LG service engineer visited today ₹ 415 for checking.
he says panel is gone.

And it would cost around 7-8k for new panel.

I think it is better to buy a new monitor than to replace panel

I am buying a new monitor now.

Will check in weekend if I can get this repaired by local technician.
Yes, LG Monitors are notoriously faulty. I had to replace my panel 2 times under warranty, and third time entire monitor got replaced. If its out of warranty, its RIP.
But no one else is making good high end monitors unfortunately :(

quicky008

Technomancer
Also i've observed that only LG offers many features even in their lower priced models such as multiple hdmi ports,audio out etc.Most other similarly priced models from Samsung ,dell etc usually forego the 2nd hdmi port and have no audio output whatsoever.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Also, panel problems can exist in other brands as well as many brands like HP utilize LG panels. Its truly a gamble when purchasing a monitor, research well and make sure service center exists nearby.

quicky008

Technomancer
Its strange to think that my samsung 20 inch monitor bought in 2010 is still running to this day-however i am not sure whether newer offerings from samsung will have the same kind of reliability as their robust older models.It seems due to declining prices of monitors in the recent years ,manufacturers have started putting in lower quality components to reduce manufacturing costs,which in turn affects their longevity.

Same goes for other brands like LG etc.But LG tvs are pretty long lasting and i know a lot of people who have older CRTs of LG and they are running fine to this day.But maybe for monitors its a different issue altogether.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Same goes for other brands like LG etc.But LG tvs are pretty long lasting and i know a lot of people who have older CRTs of LG and they are running fine to this day.But maybe for monitors its a different issue altogether.
Yupp, my 2011 LED tv is working fine till now. It is non smart tv though.

quicky008

Technomancer
That's quite a relief to know.Atleast they didn't add insult to injury by charging you for inspecting a panel that costs a small fortune to replace.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
bought Dell in2020 in December 2010. it developed problems in 2012. reported and got a replacement at home. i am using the replacement since then. how is the quality of Dell nowadays?

Top Bottom